CompTIA Network+ Technician (new version)
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer 295
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
CompTIA is the Computing Technology Industry Association with over 200,000 members worldwide. The CompTIA Network+ certification is the world standard entry-level qualification for computer technicians and engineers and is held by nearly half a million people worldwide. It validates IT hardware and software technical skills and confirms a technician’s ability to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and networking. This course covers the latest syllabus. Companies such as Dell, HP, Ricoh, Sharp and Xerox recommend or require CompTIA Network+ for their networking technicians. Network+ is a technical prerequisite option for IT technicians seeking to join the Apple Consultants Network and is recognised by the U.S. Department of Defense. It also fulfils US DoD Directive 8570.01-M.
This Network+ Technician Course prepares the student to take the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. CompTIA Network+ has been updated and reorganized to address the current networking technologies with expanded coverage of several domains by adding:
- Critical security concepts to helping networking professionals work with security practitioners.
- Key cloud computing best practices and typical service models.
- Coverage of newer hardware and virtualization techniques.
- Concepts to give individuals the combination of skills to keep the network resilient.
It covers all exam objectives, as well as additional topics that provide background and context. Demonstrations and instructor commentary throughout the course come from real-world experience, with examples and tips that the network professional can use in a production environment. This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this Network+ Technician Course?
- Network Technicians, Network Installers, IT Technician, Enterprise Technician, PC Technician.
- Desktop Support Technician, Field Technician, PC Support Specialist.
- People considering a career as a PC Network Technician.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have CompTIA A+ certification and nine months networking experience or equivalent knowledge.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Network+ Technician Course
- Basic Networking
- OSI Model
- Protocols and Ports
- Advanced Switching and Routing Concepts
- IP Addressing
- Network Types and Topologies
- Wireless Technologies
- Cloud Concepts
- Network Services
- Cabling Solutions
- Network Device Placement and Installation
- Advanced Network Devices
- Virtualization and Network Storage Technologies
- WAN Technologies
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Scanning, Monitoring, and Patching
- Remote Access Methods
- Policies and Best Practices
- Physical Security Devices
- Authentication and Access Control
- Basic Wireless Network Security
- Common Network Attacks
- Network Device Hardening
- Common Mitigation Techniques
Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Using the Appropriate Tool
- Troubleshoot Wired Connectivity and Performance
- Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity and Performance
- Troubleshoot Common Network Service Issues
- Sample exams that will help you prepare for the comptia network+ exam.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in PC Networking from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following completion of the CompTIA exam, you will receive CompTIA Certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details