CompTIA Network+ Technician
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer 295
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
CompTIA is the Computing Technology Industry Association with over 200,000 members worldwide. The CompTIA Network+ certification is the world standard entry-level qualification for computer technicians and engineers, and is held by nearly half a million people worldwide. It validates IT hardware and software technical skills and confirms a technician’s ability to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and networking. This course covers the latest syllabus. Companies such as Dell, HP, Ricoh, Sharp and Xerox recommend or require CompTIA Network+ for their networking technicians.
Network+ is a technical prerequisite option for IT technicians seeking to join the Apple Consultants Network, and is recognised by the U.S. Department of Defense. It also fulfils US DoD Directive 8570.01-M.
This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the Network+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests. This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this course?
- Network Technicians, Network Installers, IT Vale Technician, IT Technician, Enterprise Technician, PC Technician.
- Desktop Support Technician, Field Technician, PC Support Specialist.
- People considering a career as a PC Network Technician.
- 12% job growth is expected for Network & Computer Systems Administrators (2012 – 2022).
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- CompTIA A+ certification and nine months networking experience is recommended.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
- Explain the function of common networking protocols (such as TCP/IP)
- Classify how applications, devices, and protocols relate to the OSI model layers
Installation and Configuration
- Categorise standard media types and associated properties
- Categorise standard connector types based on network media
- Describe different network topologies
- Ethernet Basics
- Modern Ethernet
- Installing a network
- Troubleshoot common router and switch problems
- Plan and implement a basic SOHO network
Media and Topologies
- Connectors, Cables
- Wide and Local Area Networks
- Network Topologies
- Explain the purpose and features of various network appliances
- Use the appropriate network monitoring resource to analyse traffic
- Describe the purpose of configuration management documentation
- Explain different methods and rationales for network performance optimisation
- Describe the components of a wireless network
- Set up and configure a wireless network
- Troubleshoot a wireless network
- Compare and contrast physical security controls.
- Basic forensic concepts.
- Sample Exams that will help you prepare for the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 exam.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in PC Networking from CMIT.
- You may optionally take an exam to receive CompTIA certification. This is assessed through a computer-based multiple-choice exam (N10-006). Exam fees are not included in the course price.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following completion of the CompTIA exam, you will receive CompTIA Network+ Certification.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details