QQI Inclusion, Equality and Diversity (in Childcare)
- Course Fee: €355 (total cost including all fees)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Inclusion, Equality and Diversity (6F22125)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited Inclusion, Equality and Diversity course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This course allows learners the flexibility to study at their own pace, whether at home or during work breaks, ultimately earning a nationally recognised qualification. Our course offers an enriching opportunity for learners to upskill and expand their understanding of the concepts of inclusivity, equality, and diversity within the context of Early Learning and Care practice in Ireland. It is designed to equip you with knowledge that is not only theoretical but also applicable in practical scenarios.
In the course of your studies, you will delve into your personal perceptions of inclusivity, equality, and diversity. This helps ensure a profound understanding of these concepts, serving as a foundation for the learning that follows. The course also facilitates an examination of various theories and approaches related to equality and diversity, providing learners with a robust theoretical framework. One of the essential parts of this course is addressing the barriers and challenges associated with implementing inclusivity, equality, and diversity in practice. Identifying these obstacles is the first step towards overcoming them and creating a more inclusive environment. To help you navigate these barriers, the course will present practical strategies that encourage all children’s participation. These strategies have been carefully designed and tested to ensure they are effective in diverse settings. Furthermore, learners will be given the opportunity to critically analyse the evolution and impact of policies and legislation on inclusivity, equality, and diversity in ELC. This understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape is crucial in effectively implementing inclusive practices.
The practical assignments help reinforce the knowledge gained throughout the course and equips learners with a tangible skill that can be directly applied in their professional life. Our state-of-the-art online platform enables you to upload assessments conveniently and receive prompt online feedback. The eLearning system is accessible from any computer with internet access, ensuring your learning journey is always at your fingertips.
Who should complete this Inclusion, Equality and Diversity course?
- Early Childhood Care and Education staff, supervisors or managers.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Inclusion, Equality and Diversity and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Major Award Childcare or equivalent.
- You will be required to complete some assessments in a registered childcare setting. You must be either working or have access to registered Early Childhood Care and Education setting where you can complete this (this can be on a voluntary basis).
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course. Learners for whom English is not a first language will be required to provide evidence of meeting a minimum English language and literacy competency of B2 in writing, reading, listening, and speaking on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Inclusion, Equality and Diversity course
Unit 1: Introduction
- Introduction to inclusion, equality, and diversity
- Definitions and terminology
- The shadow side of diversity
- Individual and group identities
- The importance of funds of knowledge
Unit 2: Legislation
- The journey of inclusivity, equality, and diversity in ELC in Ireland
- The Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion Charter
- Play as an equaliser
- Inclusion policies
Unit 3: Promoting equality and diversity in ELC
- Treating children as individuals
- Supporting children’s identity and sense of belonging
- Assimilation, multicultural, intercultural, anti-bias
- Promoting anti-bias
Unit 4: Equality proofing
- The role of the early-years educator
- Recognising barriers
- Supporting children through equality proofing
- Implementing and evaluating initiatives
- Reflective learning
- This Inclusion, Equality and Diversity course is assessed through completion of an assignment and a project.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Inclusion, Equality and Diversity course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care. For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Inclusion, Equality and Diversity in ELC (6F22125) from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details