CMIT Distance Learning and eLearning Courses
CMIT is a leading provider of accredited eLearning courses in the UK and Ireland.
- Established in 2004, the College of Management and IT (CMIT) is the leading provider of certified/accredited eLearning and distance learning education in the UK and Ireland.
- College of Management and IT (CMIT) the trading name for the Limited Company CMIT Learning Ltd. registered in Ireland.
- We aim to provide the opportunity for people to gain a recognised qualification in the most convenient and flexible way possible while providing clear value for money.
- You can get one-to-one support from your Tutor online and personalised feedback on your progress. Telephone support is also provided by our Student Support Team.
- Learn anywhere, anytime. You have 24×7 online access to your course. You do not have to travel to go to attend classes.
- Most courses are assessed through project work and assignments. Distance Learning is more interesting with video, quizzes, and self-paced activities. You need a broadband connection of at least 10Mbps. (eLearning and tutor support may vary by course, please check each course page for details).
- CMIT has put in place appropriate arrangements for the protection of learners on QQI programmes which have a duration of three months or longer, should CMIT unexpectedly cease to provide such a QQI programme. This is a requirement under the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012. Details are outlined here for courses where PEL is required, for all other courses provided by CMIT, PEL is not a requirement.
Triple finalist at 2021 Education Awards
The Education Awards recognise, encourage and celebrate excellence in the third level education sector on the island of Ireland from both State and Private institutions. In 2021, CMIT was shortlisted in the categories “Best Further Education Provider”, “Best Use of Educational Technology” and “Best Online Learning Experience.” This recognition underlines CMIT’s commitment to innovation, service and quality in accredited eLearning. The Education Awards judging panels, made up of national and international judges, have awarded some of Ireland’s most respected educational institutions. Other finalists include UCD, Trinity College Dublin, DBS, University of Limerick, UCC and Ulster University. Website: The Education Awards.
Winner at 2018 Education Awards
CMIT won “Best Further Education Provider” in 2018 Education Awards. CMIT was shortlisted in the categories “Best Use of Educational Technology” and “Best Online Learning Experience.” This recognition underlines CMIT’s commitment to innovation, service and quality in accredited eLearning. The Education Awards judging panels, made up of national and international judges, have awarded some of Ireland’s most respected educational institutions. Other finalists include UCD, Trinity College Dublin, DBS, University of Limerick, UCC and Ulster University. Website: The Education Awards.
Digital Media Awards 2016 Award Winner
CMIT was a finalist and a Silver Award winner in the 2016 Digital Media Awards in the category “Best in Digital Learning”. The achievement is based on CMIT’s innovative approach to the delivery of Distance Learning elearning through live online classes, online videos, messaging, direct contact with tutors, online personalised feedback on assessments and other resources. It recognises CMIT’s leading position in the area of accredited QQI elearning courses in Ireland. Now in its 12th year, the Accenture Digital Media Awards are the most prestigious Digital Awards in Ireland. The independent judging panel represented a broad spectrum of industry professionals specialising in media, gaming, design, digital marketing, telecommunications, and app development.
Website: Digital Media Awards
ISO 9001:2015 Quality System
College of Management and IT (CMIT) is a certified ISO 9001:2015 organisation. ISO is an internationally recognised quality management system (
College of Management and IT (CMIT) is authorised to offer Distance Learning programmes leading to QQI awards on the National Framework of Qualifications. Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), was established in 2012 by law and oversee qualifications in Ireland. In the area of qualifications, QQI is responsible for maintaining the ten-level NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications). QQI is also an awarding body and set standards for awards they make in the NFQ. QQI validate education and training programmes and make extensive awards in the Further Education and Training sector. QQI also make awards in Higher Education mainly to learners in private providers. In the area of quality assurance, QQI is responsible for reviewing the effectiveness of quality assurance in further and higher education providers in Ireland. This includes the further and higher education providers.