QQI Palliative Care Support course
- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 5 component certificate in Palliative Care Support (5N3769)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited Palliative Care Support course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This module is aimed at providing learners with the knowledge and skills needed to provide compassionate palliative and end of life care to people and their families. It will equip learners with information needed to provide person centred care to people, addressing their physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Palliative Care Support course?
- Healthcare workers, care assistants, those working with palliative care services or people who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert, Level 4 award or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Palliative Care Support course
Unit 1: The nature of palliative care
- The philosophy and principles of palliative care
- Attitudes towards death and dying
- The role of healthcare assistants in palliative care
- Palliative care services and the role of multidisciplinary team
Unit 2: Person-centred care
- Determining well-being and end of life needs
- Physical care
- Promoting dignity, privacy, and self-esteem
- Communication and emotional care
- Spiritual care
- Caring for families and friends
Unit 3: Grief, bereavement, and loss
- Care in the last hours of life
- Grief, bereavement, and loss
- This Palliative Care Support course is assessed through completion of an assignment and a learner record. The assessment for this module aims to evaluate understanding of module theory as well as its practical application.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Palliative Care Support course leads to a Level 5 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 5 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 5 Healthcare Support (5M4339). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component certificate in Palliative Care Support (5N3769) from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details