QQI Anatomy and Physiology
- Course Fee: €455 (total cost including all fees)
- QQI Level 5 component certificate in Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI Anatomy and Physiology course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This course is aimed at providing learners with the knowledge needed to understand the structure and functions of the human body and the relationships between the different systems of the body. It will equip learners with information on the major systems of the body to include the muscular, cardiovascular, lymphatic, digestive, respiratory, urogenital, and nervous systems.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments for this QQI Anatomy and Physiology course online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this QQI Anatomy and Physiology course?
- Healthcare workers, care assistants, or people who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Anatomy and Physiology and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert, Level 4 award or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this QQI Anatomy and Physiology course
Unit 1: Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Cells of the body
- Tissues of the body
Unit 2: Human skeletal, joints and muscular systems
- The human skeletal system
- The human muscular system
- The skin
Unit 3: Cardiovascular and human lymphatic systems
- The human cardiovascular system
- The heart
- The human lymphatic system
Unit 4: Digestive and respiratory systems
- The human digestive system
- Assimilation, absorption, and egestion
- The respiratory system
Unit 5: The urogenital system
- The human reproductive process
- The urinary system
Unit 6: The brain, nervous systems, and hormones
- The brain
- Central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous systems
- Endocrine and exocrine glands
- This Anatomy and Physiology course is assessed through completion of an assignment and an online theory-based examination. The assessment for this module aims to evaluate understanding of module theory as well as practical activities.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Anatomy and Physiology course leads to a Level 5 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 5 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 5 Healthcare Support (5M4339). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component certificate in Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749) from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details