Finance course (ILM Award in Leadership and Management)
- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- ILM Award in Leadership and Management Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This ILM Award in Leadership and Management – Finance course provides existing managers (or those considering a career in management) with excellent knowledge of Budgets and budgeting, cash flow statements, costing techniques, breakeven analysis, payback periods, net present values and capital appraisal techniques. The course includes a Management and Leadership module which covers key Management and leadership Theory.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management – Finance documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Award in Finance course?
- People considering a career in financial management.
- Non-financial Managers in businesses who wish to gain an understanding of the financial aspects of a business.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experience.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK)/Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Award in Leadership and Management – Finance course
Unit 1: Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Management and Leadership
- Theories of Management and Leadership
- Personal Competencies: Delegation, Motivation, Influencing, Conflict Management, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Professional Competencies: Developing and Coaching
- Leadership Competencies: Initiative, Transparency, Inspiration, Change, Self-control and Adaptability
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Making a Financial Case
- Short and Long-term Planning
- Budgets and Budgeting
- Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- The Cashflow Statement
- Costing Techniques
- Cost Behaviour and Allocation
- Marginal Costing
- Breakeven Analysis
- Margin of Safety
- Capital Appraisal Techniques
- Payback Period
- Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- CMIT is registered and approved with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM qualifications.
- UK: Following successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Award in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This qualification is on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF).
- Ireland: This qualification is fully recognised in Ireland and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Europe: This qualification is fully recognised as the equivalent of a Level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).