- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer 295
- Approved CompTIA eLearning Course
- eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA Security+ course is designed to teach students security basics and prepare them for testing to become Security+ certified. The Security+ covers many vendor neutral topics including different types of threats and attacks, networking technologies and tools, secure design and architecture, identity and access management, risk assessment and management, and finishes up with Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure. This covered everything from the ever-expanding virtualization of various computing systems to industry management of smart devices. These topics will be covered from a ground-up perspective so that even inexperienced students will be able to follow along. IT security is an ever-growing field and its importance is recognized universally throughout the industry. This security+ course will cover security concerns from both a professional setting and on a personal level. This gives students who do not plan to apply their certificate in the immediate future the benefit of keeping up to date on the latest security practices and techniques that they can follow to keep themselves secure in a digital world. Each of the modules of this course is designed to align with the official objectives of this certification and expand past the scope of the certification to allow for real-life application. They give the student some real-life examples of various attacks or security practices that they can both apply in real life or use to further their understanding of a course objective.
This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the Security+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests.
This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this course?
- IT Managers, IT Security personnel, Programmers and Developers, IT Security Managers.
- People considering a career in IT Security Management.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Although not a prerequisite, it is recommended that CompTIA Security+ candidates have at least two years of on-the-job technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Module 1 – Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Types Of Malware
- Threat Actors
- Penetration Testing And Vulnerability Scanning
- Impact Of Vulnerabilities
Module 2 – Technologies and Tools
- Networking Hardware And Software
- Security Assessment
- Troubleshooting Issues
- Securing Mobile Devices
- Secure Protocols
Module 3 – Architecture and Design
- Secure Network Architecture
- Secure System Designs
- Secure Staging Deployment Concepts
- Embedded Systems
- Application Development And Deployment
- Physical Security Controls
- Cloud Virtualization
Module 4 – Identity and Access Management
- Identity And Access Management
- Identity And Access Services
- Management Controls
- Account Management Practices
Module 5 – Risk Management
- Organizational Security
- Business Impact Analysis Concepts
- Risk Management
- Incident Response Procedures
- Disaster Recovery
- Types Of Control
- Data Security And Privacy Practices
Module 6 – Cryptography and PKI
- Cryptographic Basics 3
- Cryptographic Algorithms
- Wireless Security
- Implementing PKI
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in IT Security from CMIT.
- You may optionally take an exam to receive CompTIA certification. This is assessed through a computer-based multiple choice exam (SYO-501). Exam fees are not included in the course price.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following successful completion of the exams, you will receive CompTIA certification.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details