QQI Early Learning and Care (ELC)
Level 5 & 6 (Stage 1 & 2) Bundle
- Now enrolling
- QQI Early Learning and Care (ELC) Level 5 and 6 Major Award Bundle (5M22117 and 6M22115)
- Full cost €1,995 (total cost including all fees) and includes all documentation, webinars, assessments, learner registration and QQI certification fees. We cover students work placement insurance at no extra cost.
- Blended learning (online with face-to-face elements) course with Tutor Support, accredited by QQI.
- Interest Free Payment Plan Available – Pay €300 on enrolment and €113 per month over 15 months.
- No other accreditation or certification fees to pay.
- Course is completed over 20 months. Learners can work at their own pace and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
CMIT is offering those interested in pursuing a challenging and rewarding career in early learning and care an opportunity to complete the brand new QQI Early Learning and Care (ELC) Level 5 and 6 Major Award Bundle.
This programme is made up of 12 mandatory modules, six at level 5 and six at level 6, enabling the learner to develop the knowledge, skills and competences required to work as an autonomous practitioner in an ELC setting and/or take responsibility for an area or room leading and coordinating the provision of a quality early learning and care environment.
The focus of the programme is on promoting the holistic wellbeing, development and learning of children from 0 to six years across a range of ELC settings. The programme offers a balance of theory and practice, and professional practice placement is integral to the teaching and learning. Learners who successfully complete the programme will have opportunities to progress into the work-place or into further and higher education.
There is a qualified Early Years Tutor assigned to all students to provide guidance and assistance throughout the course and written personalised feedback is provided on all assessment work.
By choosing to study with CMIT, students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes comprehensive Course Manuals, Live Webinars, Videos, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support and scheduled placement meetings both on-site and online to support learners. The course is very user-friendly and easy to follow. Learners will be able to upload assessments and receive Tutor feedback online. The eLearning system can be used from any computer that has internet access.
About the Early Childhood Scheme
(ECCE) is a government-funded initiative offering a free pre-school year in an early education centre. Part of the requirements of the scheme stipulates that Childcare Leaders and employees must hold certain childcare qualifications to qualify for the scheme. The certification offered by this course fully meets the educational requirements for childcare staff who need to comply with the requirements of the ECCE Free Preschool Scheme.
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Level 5 and 6 Childcare course
Modules at Level 5:
- Introduction to ELC and Child Safeguarding
- Holistic Care
- Inclusive Education
- Child Development
- Early Learning and Play
- Professional Practice (Work Experience)
For more information on the modules at level 5 click here.
Modules at Level 6:
- Inclusion, Equality and Diversity
- Advanced Child Development
- Effective Leadership
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Sociology and Social Policy
- Advanced Professional Practice (Work Experience)
For more information on the modules at level 6 click here.
Who should complete this course?
- Anyone who wishes to commence a career in childcare, who needs to complete the Level 5 an 6 ELC Major Awards.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert or Level 4 award or equivalent, and/or relevant life or work experience.
- Applicants will be required to completed two Professional Practice Placements, one at Levle 5 and one at level 6. These placements are 150 hours each. Each placement must be carried out across two notified early years settings as follows: (1) with children aged 0-2 years, and (2) with children aged 2 years 8 months – 6 years.
- Applicants will require Garda Vetting prior to commencing the Professional Practice Placements. Contact the college for details.
- Applicants will be required to participate in live online classes/webinars.
- Applicants will be required to participate in placement monitoring visits (on-site and online) during their course.
- Applicants must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- As this NFQ qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course. Learners for whom English is not a first language will be required to provide evidence of meeting a minimum English language and literacy competency of B2 in writing, reading, listening, and speaking on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
- It may be possible to gain exemptions from certain modules of the course. If you hold ECCE components please contact us and we can advise you of possible exemptions.
- Further details on the proficiencies required to complete awards at Level 5 and 6 are explained in the Equipped to Participate Statements. Full details are available here>>
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access and word processing software is required to do the course. For technical requirements click here>>
- This course is assessed through completion of project work, assignments and personal learner records which record the learners personal experience of working in a childcare setting. All work submitted must be the learners own work.
- As part of our quality assurance, assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Level 5 and 6 Childcare course is listed on the Higher Education Links Scheme, and, on successful completion, may be used to obtain access to a course at a higher level (e.g., Level 7 or 8 on the National Framework). For more details contact us.
Protection for Enrolled Learners
- As this course is of 3 months duration or longer, learners who enrol on this course are protected under the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012.
- CMIT has approval to offer students learner protection insurance. Learner Protection insurance is only in place when each student receives their Insurance Policy. Each learner should ensure that they receive a Learner Protection Insurance Policy in their name. Learner Protection insurance is provided by Arachas and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC. The learner protection policy provides for a refund of fees as specified in the 2012 Act. In some circumstances, it may be possible for a learner to transfer to a similar programme in another provider. In such circumstances, the learner may opt to receive the cost of an alternative similar academic programme. Transfer to another programme is always only a second option. The learner protection insurance policy is governed by s. 65(4)(b) of the 2012 Act.’
- More information.
- Following successful completion of all required modules, learners will receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Early Learning and Care (5M22117) and a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care (6M22115).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details