CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- Course Fee: Eur395 or Any 2 CompTIA courses Special Offer €495
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials certification is applicable to a wide range of IT professionals. The course is geared towards those currently in or looking for positions as IT consultants, IT technical services, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants and business process owners analysts. This course is the first step on a training path that leads to a technical career in cloud computing. This CompTIA Cloud overview course covers:
- Characteristics of cloud services from a business perspective
- The business value of cloud computing
- Technical perspective/cloud types
- Steps to successful adoption
- Impact and changes in IT service management
- Risks and consequences
This Cloud Essentials Course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this Cloud Essentials Course?
- Anyone wishing to commence a career in cloud-based IT services.
- Database admin, infrastructure specialists and developers who wish to become more familiar with cloud technologies.
- Business analysts.
- Business process owners.
- Technical support staff.
- Managed service provider personnel.
- New datacenter staff.
- Sales/marketing staff in cloud product or service management environments
Entry Requirements/ Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have 6-12 months of work experience as a business analyst in an IT environment with some exposure to cloud technologies or equivalent knowledge.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Cloud Essentials Course
Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspective
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing and provide examples.
- Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualization.
Name early examples of cloud computing.
- Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
- Recognize what types organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
Recognize what types organizations might not benefit from cloud computing.
- Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and give examples of them.
Cloud Computing and Business Value
- Recognize the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective.
- Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types
- Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
- Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing deployment.
- Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for.
- Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application development process.
Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud
- Explain typical steps that lead to a successful adoption of cloud computing services.
- Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
- Understand the following organizational capabilities that are relevant to realizing cloud benefits.
- Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
- Understand the impact and changes cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organisation.
- Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organisation.
Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing
- Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into an organization’s existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.
- Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
- Understand how to maintain strategic flexibility.
- Following successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate in Cloud Computing from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- You may optionally take exams to receive professional certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course