- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This is an excellent Business Finance course, which will equip you with detailed knowledge of Management Accounting, Pricing, Costing, Credit Control, Book-keeping and Record-keeping.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Non-financial Managers in businesses who wish to gain an understanding of financial aspects of business.
- People considering a career in financial management.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- No previous experience or qualifications are necessary to commence the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Business Finance Course
Unit 1: Understanding Financial Statements
- Calculating profit
- The Balance sheet
- Profit and loss account (P&L)
- Financial ratios
- Comparing financial statements
Unit 2: Credit Control
- Managing credit
- Collection procedures
- Collection through the courts
Unit 3: Budgeting and Cashflow
- Budgetary control systems
- Cashflow statements and forecasts
- Key management reports
Unit 4: Costing and Pricing
- Introduction to costing
- Costing techniques
- Cost behaviour
- Breakeven analysis
- Marginal costing
- Pricing a product
Unit 5: Capital Budgeting
- Sources of finance
- Capital appraisal techniques
- Payback Period
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- This ABC Awards certificate is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- Internet connection – a speed of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Chrome for PCs.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. The Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. CMIT can advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
- A QLS award at level 2 is roughly equivalent to a Level 4 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details