QQI Care Support
- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 5 component certificate in Care Support (5N0758)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited Care Support course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This course is designed to provide the learner with an understanding of Care Support and to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence necessary to work effectively in a variety of care settings. It focuses on the principles of care and planning to meet the needs of others. Learners will also focus on their own personal development.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Care Support course?
- Healthcare workers, care assistants, or people who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Care Support and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert, Level 4 award or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- Applicants who are not currently in employment in a registered healthcare setting will be required to undertake 20 hours work experience in a registered healthcare setting where they can plan and carry out a social activity for a person / people receiving care (please contact the Student Support Team for further details).
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Care Support course
Unit 1: Care planning
- Types of people with care needs
- Physiological, safety, social, and emotional needs of people receiving care
- Principles for care
- Care planning
Unit 2: Working in healthcare
- The health service in Ireland
- Role of the healthcare assistant
- Roles within the multidisciplinary team in healthcare
Unit 3: Personal development
- Continual Personal Development (CPD)
- Personal development options
- Personal Development Plan (PDP)
- This Care Support course is assessed through completion of an Assignment and a Leaner Record, this is the learner’s self-reported and self-reflective record in which they describe specific learning experiences, activities, responses and skills acquired.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Care Support course leads to a Level 5 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 5 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 5 Healthcare Support (5M4339). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component certificate in Care Support (5N0758) from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details