QQI Strategic Management course
- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Strategic Management (6N4207)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The overall aim of this strategic management course is to enable learners to build the skills, knowledge and competence in the principles of strategic management to inform strategy creation and implementation in an organisation. The module requires learners to undertake a number of strategic management tasks based on a case study provided. This will facilitate active learning allowing learners to link theory to practice and demonstrate their learning on the programme. The programme covers:
- An overview of the nature of strategy and the management system.
- The benefits of strategy and common problems with strategy.
- An overview of the approaches to developing a strategy.
- A process for strategy development including the creation of mission and values, vision (strategic goals), completing a strategic analysis and formulating strategy.
- Techniques for strategy implementation in an organisation.
- Organisational structures and the impact of strategy on the structure.
- Best practice for managing and implementing change.
- Devising operational plans based on strategic plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of plans.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that learners can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Business strategists and marketing professionals.
- Business Owners and Managers who have responsibility for developing a business strategy.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life or work experience.
- Learners must have access to an organisation where they can determine the strategy development process.
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this strategic management course
Unit 1: The nature of strategy
- What is the strategy?
- The management system
- The benefits of strategy
- Common problems with strategy
- How to develop a strategy
Unit 2: Developing strategy
- Mission and values
- Vision (strategic goals)
- Strategic analysis
- Formulating strategy
Unit 3: Implementing and controlling strategy
- Strategic implementation
- Managing change
- Organisation structure
- Devising operational plans
- Monitoring and control
- This strategic management course is assessed through an Assignment and a Project where candidates complete a range of activities relevant to the nature of strategy, developing strategy, implementing and controlling strategy.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This strategic management course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the major award in Business (6M4587). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Strategic Management (6N4207).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details