ILM Cert in Leadership and Management (Sustainability and Environmental management option)
- Course Fee: Eur495
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management Level 4 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This environmental management course comprehensively covers a number of important leadership and management areas including sustainability issues, environmental management, risk management and understanding the organisational culture and context.
By choosing to study this ILM Cert in Leadership and Management (Sustainability and Environmental management course) online course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Cert in Leadership and Management (Sustainability and Environmental management course) online course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Supervisors, Managers and aspiring managers in organisations.
- Experienced or new department heads who want to improve environmental responsibility of their area of operation.
- Purchasing, Process, Operations and Logistics managers.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 4 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 4 (UK)/Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Sustainability and Environmental management course
Unit 1: Improving and Maintaining the Organisation’s Environmental Performance
- Environmental Sustainability
- Strategic importance of Environmental Sustainability for organisations
- The Business Case for Environmental Sustainability
- Key legislation and Codes of Practice
- Organisation environmental strategy
- Environmental sustainability strategy, policy and standards
- Case: Coca Cola
- Case: BMW
- Environmental Audits
- Environmental Audit Methodology
- Improvement planning
Unit 2: Managing Risk
- Risk management in the organisation
- Categories of risks
- Legal aspects of risk management
- Risk identification
- Risk assessment
- Risk controls
- Monitoring and reviewing risks
Unit 3: Understanding the Organisational Culture and Context
- What is the organisation environment?
- PESTEL case studies
- Corporate culture
- Organisational ethics
- This Sustainability and Environmental management course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- Learners are required to have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of Leadership and Management activities.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management with CMIT.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- CMIT is registered and approved with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM qualifications.
- UK: Following successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 4 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This qualification is on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF).
- Ireland: This qualification is fully recognised in Ireland and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Europe: This qualification is fully recognised as the equivalent of a Level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).