CompTIA CySA+ (Cybersecurity Analyst)
- Course Fee: €395 or Any 2 CompTIA courses Special Offer €495
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Approved CompTIA eLearning Course
- eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst, or CySA+, is a CompTIA certification focusing on the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat-detection tools, perform data analysis, and interpreting the results with the end goal of securing an organisation’s applications and systems.
The CompTIA CySA+ is a vendor-neutral certification that expects three to four years of experience in a related field as well as a Security+ or equivalent knowledge. In this regard, the CompTIA CySA+ lies between the security+ as well as the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) exams and is an excellent go-between to tackle before completing CASP, but when the Security+ isn’t enough.
With the ongoing requirement for government agencies to receive certifications, the CySA+ was developed with a focus on meeting government requirements to certify IT, workers or contractors. This certification will display an understanding of security best practices and protocols beyond that which is provided by the Security+ and will prove a level of expertise beyond that of basic security practices that are followed when using a computer. This allows any employee to prove a better understanding of enterprise security practices, and the necessary tools needed to protect a company network. The modules of this course align with the official objects of the certification and will expand past the scope of the certification to provide real-life examples as well as lead-ins to direct further study. This will give students more to work off of than simple definition based review and allow for easier understanding of the material for the certification as well as a basic understanding for real-life application.
This comprehensive eLearning course prepares students for the CompTIA CySA+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests.
This CompTIA CySA+ course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this CompTIA CySA+ Course?
- IT Managers, IT Security personnel, Programmers and Developers, IT Security Managers.
- People considering a career in IT Security Management.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have CompTIA A+ certification and nine-month networking experience or equivalent knowledge.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this CompTIA CySA+
Module 1: Threat and Vulnerability Management
- The importance of threat data and intelligence
- Supporting organisational security
- Vulnerability management activities
- Vulnerability assessment tools
- Threats to vulnerability and specialised technology
- Threats to vulnerability and the Cloud
- Mitigating attacks and software vulnerabilities
Module 2: Software and Systems Security
- Security solutions for infrastructure management
- Software assurance best practices
- Hardware assurance best practices
Module 3: Security Operations and Monitoring
- Analysing data
- Implementing configuration changes
- Proactive threat hunting
- Automation concepts and technologies
Module 4: Incident Response
- Incident response process
- Incident response procedure
- Analysing indicators of compromise
- Digital forensic techniques
Module 5: Compliance and Assessment
- Data privacy and protection
- Organisational risk mitigation
- Frameworks, policies, procedures and controls
Module 6: Afterword
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in Cybersecurity from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the CompTIA CySA+ course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- You may optionally take exams to receive CompTIA certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details