Updated: 4th March 2021
College of Management and IT (CMIT) is an established and award-winning eLearning provider, based in Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. The college provides a range of business, and technology courses to adult learners in Ireland, and is a registered QQI, ILM, and NCFE centre. CMIT has a strong commitment to quality and high levels of learner customer service; this is borne out through very positive learner and external stakeholder feedback.
Business and Management Tutor (Remote)
CMIT is seeking suitably qualified applicants to join the Business and Management Tutor Panel.
Key responsibilities are:
- The provision of feedback on assessment work and support to learners via CMIT eLearning platform.
- Assessment and marking of learner assessments in line with college and awarding body requirements.
- Responding to learner queries via the CMIT Tutor messaging system.
- Completion of associated tutoring administration (marking sheets etc.).
- Involvement in programme development, programme improvement and periodic programmatic reviews.
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Degree in a Business related field.
- 5+ years’ work experience.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Proficient with online technologies and Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to provide support to learners of diverse background.
- The ideal candidate will also hold a recognised training qualification. If not they must be willing to complete a training qualification within 3 months of commencing the role (this programme will be provided by CMIT).
- Previous lecturing/tutoring experience is preferred but candidates with no previous experience will be considered if a proven interest in further education can be shown.
- Full training will be provided for the role.
- This is a part-time role.