QQI Managing People
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Managing People (6N3945)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This comprehensive course, equips existing Managers (and those considering a career in managing people) with detailed knowledge of employment legislation, motivating staff, appraisals, disciplinary procedures, recruitment, selection, and personal development. Students will learn how to: (1) manage staff performance and underperformance, (2) motivate, empower and develop staff, (3) build effective workplace relationships, and (4) understand the implications of the Irish employee related legislation. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Existing Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification.
- Newly appointed Managers and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage people.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must currently be working or have access to work experience where they will be able to implement, evaluate and discuss management/supervisory duties with relevant colleagues, employees and management – this is to facilitate the completion of performance management and employee development activities. This is to facilitate the assessment requirements of the course.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland/ based in Ireland.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Management, leadership and culture
- Management v. Leadership
- Management styles
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire 1
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire 2
- Organisation structure
- Organisation culture
Unit 2: Managing performance
- Performance and task management
- Set performance standards
- Define the deliverables
- Action plan with deadlines
- Delegate responsibility
- Monitor results
- Reviewing performance
- Managing conflict and disputes
Unit 3: Training and development
- Staff Development Options
- Personal Development Plans (PDP)
Unit 4: Workplace legislation in Ireland
- Key workplace legislation in Ireland
- Contracts of employment
- Working time regulations
- Employment protection
- Privacy and data protection
- Health and safety at work
- This course is assessed through completion of a Learner Record, an Assignment and a Project.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards QQI Advanced Certificates including Business (6M4985) and Administration (6M5013). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Managing People (6N3945).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details