QQI Business Development and Sales course
- Course Fee:
Eur495Special Offer Eur395
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Business Development (6N4106)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The overall aim of this business development and sales course is to equip learners with knowledge and competence in business development with a focus on the management of key customer accounts to maximise commercial return. The module is designed for those wishing to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of marketing and selling with a view to designing a business development plan. The module aims to provide learners with well-rounded skills in this area and will include the completion of a project based on a case study provided. The programme will also equip learners with market research and marketing planning skills. The Programme covers:
- An overview of the key principles and concepts of marketing including the marketing mix and market analysis.
- An introduction to marketing strategies including entry strategies for overseas marketing.
- Key marketing tasks including segmenting, targeting, positioning, tactics and communications planning.
- The selling process (prospecting, qualifying leads, pre-approach, initial approach, needs assessment, sales presentation, handling objections and closing the sale).
- Best practice in key customer account management.
- Customer retention and loyalty initiatives.
This distance learning, QQI accredited business development and sales course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Salesreps, Sales Assistants and Sales Managers.
- Those working in business development, account management or sales.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life or work experience.
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this course
Unit 1: Marketing and market analysis
- The marketing concept
- The marketing mix (4Ps)
- The principles of marketing
- Market analysis
Unit 2: Planning business development
- Marketing strategies
- Market entry strategies for overseas markets
- Segmenting, Targeting and Positioning (STP)
- Marketing tactics
- The marketing communications mix
- The ‘sales message’
Unit 3: Personal selling, key account management and customer retention
- Overview of the selling process
- Qualifying Leads
- The initial approach
- Needs assessment
- The sales presentation
- Handling objections
- Closing the sale
- Account management
- Customer retention and loyalty
- This business development and sales course is assessed through completion of activities and Project and Skills Demonstration where candidates complete a range of activities relevant to marketing tactics, closing sales, account management and retaining customers.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the following major awards Business (6M4985), Management (6M4587) and Sales and Client Relationship Management (6M4386). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Business Development (6N4106).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details