CMIT Exam Details
How CIW Exams work
- CIW exams are completed at home or work, at a time that suits you, using a proctored (supervised) exam. Your webcam is used to supervise you during the exam.
- To book an exam click here to find your CIW test and complete the exam booking.
- You must accept CIW testing agreement which covers plagiarism, retakes, personal data and other policies relating to the exam.
- As at Jan 2019, CIW exams cost $150 USD.
- There are specific technical and other requirements in order to complete the exam, these are listed below.
Requirements to complete the exam
- Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X and above
- Browser: Current version of Google Chrome or Chromium. Your browser must accept 3rd party cookies for the duration of the exam ONLY.
- Webcam/microphone: Minimum VGA 640 x 480 resolution. Enabled built in or external microphone. Install PSI Google Chrome Extension
- Bandwidth: Recommended 5Mbps or higher download and upload.
- Hardware: 1GB RAM and 2GHz dual core processor. Minimum 1280 x 800 resolution screen.
- Other: Room must be quiet, private and well lit. Public spaces such as coffee shops, stores, etc. are not allowed. Desk must clear of all notes and electronics. Examinee should reside in the center of the camera frame. No bright lights or windows behind the examinee.