QQI Social Media Marketing
- Course Fee: €455 (total cost including all fees)
- QQI Level 6 Certificate in Social Media Marketing course
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This is a highly practical distance learning Social Media Marketing course designed to provide learners with an understanding of social media consumer behaviour, social metrics, and the skills required to develop a comprehensive and effective content marketing plan.
It is suited for digital marketing professionals, those who are responsible for social media marketing, or who wish to commence a career in this sector.
This distance learning, QQI accredited Social Media Marketing course, means that learners can study flexibly at home, or at work, and gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, learners have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive course manual, video, quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. Learners will be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback from their dedicated Tutor. The eLearning system can be used from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Social Media Marketing course?
- Those already working in the sector or with previous qualifications who want to update their knowledge.
- Those considering a career in the sector.
- SME business owners who wish to develop or expand their social media marketing presence.
- Those with an interest in learning about social media marketing.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Certificate or Level 5 Award or equivalent or relevant life/work experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and have a valid PPS Number.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access and word processing software is required to do the course. For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- Further details on the proficiencies required to complete awards at Level 6 are explained in the Equipped to Participate Statements. For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Social Media Marketing course
Unit 1: Social media consumer behaviour
- Participation: the 5th P of Marketing
- The four zones of social media
- Needs and motives of social media users
- Social media behaviour across platforms
- Social media behaviour across generational segments
Unit 2: Social metrics
- Use of digital marketing metrics in organisations
- Website analytics
- Social Engagement metrics: Likes, Comments, Shares, and Clicks
- Social Awareness metrics: Impressions and Reach
- Social Share of voice
- Social Sentiment metrics
- Conversion metrics
Unit 3: Key platforms: marketing applications
Unit 4: How to develop a Content Marketing Plan
- Distributing and promoting content
- Most commonly used content assets
- How to develop a Content Marketing Plan
- This course is assessed through completion of an Assignment and a Project.
- All work submitted must be the learners own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Social Media Marketing.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details