General Management course (ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management General Management option)
- Course Fee: Eur495
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management – General Management Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This ILM Certificate in Leadership provides existing managers (or those considering a career in management) with a comprehensive overview of Management and Leadership in practice. Course topics include a review of management and leadership styles and their use in the modern organisation. Learners will assess their own management and leadership styles and capabilities and their impact on daily management practice.
By choosing to study this ILM Management course – General Management course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Certificate in Leadership course?
- Anyone in a management or leadership role with an organisation.
- Newly appointed or existing managers and supervisors.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK)/Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Certificate in Leadership course
Unit 1: Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Management and Leadership
- Theories of Management and Leadership
- Personal Competencies: Delegation, Motivation, Influencing, Conflict Management, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Professional Competencies: Developing and Coaching
- Leadership Competencies: Initiative, Transparency, Inspiration, Change, Self-control and Adaptability
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Managing Improvement
- How Organisations Compete
- What is Quality Management?
- Quality Systems
- Quality Monitoring
- Quality Metrics
- Measuring Customer Metrics
- Conducting a Quality Audit
- Business Improvement Planning
- Performance Standards
- Action Planning
- Monitoring Results
Unit 3: Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Uses of PESTLE Analysis
- Components of a PESTLE Analysis
- Information Gathering
- Political and Government Influences
- Economic Influences
- Social and Technological
- Social Trends
- Industry and Market Analysis
- Technology Trends
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Environmental Influences
- Key Drivers of Change
- PESTLE Impact Assessment
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Click here for Accreditation Details