QQI Advanced Web Design (using WordPress)
- Course Fee: €455 (total cost including all fees)
- QQI Level 6 Certificate in Advanced Web Design
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This is a highly practical distance learning Advanced Web Design course designed to equip learners with skills in (1) Website strategy, (2) User Experience design, (3) Responsive Content Design, (4) using WordPress to design and deploy a site, (5) Publishing content, (6) User Testing.
It is highly suited for those who wish to commence a career in web design, or digital professionals who wish to add to their skillbase.
This distance learning, QQI accredited Web Design course, means that learners can study flexibly at home, or at work, and gain a nationally accredited Qualification. The course is particularly relevant for those who currently work in marketing or in website development. It is also very suitable for small businesses owners who wish to improve their marketing effectiveness.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive course manual, video, quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified Digital Marketing course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback from your Tutor. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Advanced Web Design course?
- Those already working in the sector or with previous qualifications who want to update their knowledge.
- Those considering a career in the sector.
- Those who wish to enhance their skills in web design.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Certificate or Level 5 Award or equivalent or relevant life/work experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and have a valid PPS Number.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access and word processing software is required to do the course. For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- Further details on the proficiencies required to complete awards at Level 6 are explained in the Equipped to Participate Statements. For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Web Design course
Unit 1: User Experience Design (UXD)
- Website/app development process
- Website strategy
- User experience design (UXD)
- The ten principles of UXD
- Designing for mobile and tablets
- Responsive design
Unit 2: Building a WordPress site
- Content Management Systems
- Setting up a WordPress site
- Applying a theme
- Creating pages
- The homepage and menus
- Design options for your site
Unit 3: Publishing and editing content
- Posts vs Pages
- Publishing blog posts
- Formatting text, lists and paragraphs
- Images and video
Unit 4: Managing a WordPress website
- Search engine optimisation
- User testing
- Maintaining a site
- This course is assessed through completion of an Assignment and a Project.
- All work submitted must be the learners own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Advanced Web Design.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details