ILM Cert in Leadership and Management (Disaster Recovery and Security Management)
- Course Fee: Eur495
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management Level 4 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This certificate course comprehensively covers the management of disasters, incidents and security in organisations. It covers how to plan for incident management, how to assess, rate and mitigate risks, how to devise a Disaster Recovery plan and plan for the security of People, Buildings and Information. There are also supporting modules in health and safety and organisational culture.
By choosing to study this ILM Cert in Leadership and Management (Disaster Recovery and Security Management option) Online Course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Cert in Leadership and Management (Disaster Recovery and Security Management option) Online Course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Disaster Recovery Course?
- Business owners, managers and operations specialists.
- Anyone involved in management and disaster recovery of operations, services and IT services.
- Physical security and IT security specialists.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 4 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 4 (UK)/Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their initiative.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this security and disaster recovery course
Unit 1: Incident Management and Disaster Recovery
- Risk Management in the organisation
- Categories of risks
- Risk identification
- Risk assessment
- Risk response
- Monitoring and reviewing risks
- Business Continuity Management
- Causes of major disasters
- Determining the organisational impact of disasters
- Disaster Recovery Plans
- Disaster Recovery
- Activation Phase
- Execution Phase
- Reconstitution Phase
- The Disaster Recovery Plan Document
Unit 2: Workplace Security
- Personal security and workplace violence
- Building security
- IT and data security
- Key legislation which affects workplace security
- Security policies
- Security audits
- Security audit and improvement plan
Unit 3: Health and Safety Management
- The importance of health and safety management
- Primary legislation
- Industry-specific legislation
- Health and safety statements and policies
- Health and safety reviews
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Health and safety responsibilities
- Communicating about health and safety
- Monitoring health and safety in the workplace
- SMART health and safety objectives
Unit 4: Understanding the Organisational Culture and Context
- What is the organisation environment?
- Political factors
- Economic factors
- Socio-Cultural factors
- Technology factors
- Environmental factors
- Legal factors
- PESTEL case studies
- Introduction to corporate culture
- Classifying corporate culture
- Organisational ethics
- This disaster recovery course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- Learners are required to have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of Leadership and Management activities.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may progress to the Level 6 Diploma in Leadership and Management with CMIT.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- CMIT is registered and approved with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM qualifications.
- UK: Following successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 4 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This qualification is on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF).
- Ireland: This qualification is fully recognised in Ireland and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Europe: This qualification is fully recognised as the equivalent of a Level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).