Six Sigma Black Belt Certification course
- Course Fee: €395
- Approved eLearning course leading to ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
According to Takashi Osada, Japanese author and quality pioneer, “if the process is right, the results will take care of themselves.” By Six Sigma standards, a “right process” is one that creates and delivers precisely what the customer needs.
This Black Belt Six Sigma course for certification seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. This course leads to certification by the ASQ through the Certified Six Sigma Black Belt certification exam and is designed to assist learners as part of their exam preparation. It builds on foundational knowledge that is taught in our ASQ-aligned Green Belt curriculum. ASQ (American Society for Quality) is the global leader in certifying quality professional and has been at the forefront of the quality movement for more than 65 years.
This Black Belt Six Sigma course includes the following features:
- 70 hours of instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice tests.
Who should complete this Black Belt Six Sigma course?
- Quality Managers, Quality Consultants, Process Engineers and ISO Consultants.
- Business Process Engineers and Business Process consultants.
- Product technicians, IT Technician, Enterprise Technicians.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- There are no entry requirements to complete this course, however before sitting the Six Sigma Black Belt exam, you are required to have completed two projects or one project and three years of work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Body of Knowledge. Work experience must be in a full time, paid role. Paid intern, co-op or any other course work cannot be applied towards the work experience requirement.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Black Belt Six Sigma course
- Lean and Six Sigma
- Projects and the Black Belt Role
- Leadership and Change Management
Organizational Process Management and Measures
- Critical Requirements and Benchmarking
- Business Performance and Financial Measure
- Forming Project Teams
- Motivation and Communication in Teams
- Managing Six Sigma Team Performance
- Using Voice of the Customer
- Developing Project Charters and Tracking Six Sigma Projects
- Process Characteristics
- Data Collection and Measurement
- Six Sigma Measurement Systems
- Basic Statistics and Graphical Methods
- Process Capability
- Correlation and Regression Analysis
- Multivariate Analysis and Attribute Data Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing Concepts and Tests for Means
- Tests for Variances and Proportions, ANOVA, and Chi-square Tests
- Nonparametric Tests in Six Sigma Analysis
- Non-Statistical Analysis Methods
- Designing and Planning Experiments
- Conducting Experiments and Analyzing Results
- Improvement Methods and Implementation Issues
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Non-Statistical Control Tools and Maintaining Controls in Six Sigma
- Sustaining Improvements and Gains from Six Sigma Projects
Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Frameworks and Methodologie
- Common Design for Six Sigma Methodologies, Design for X, and Robust Design
- Special Design Tools in Design for Six Sigma
- Introduction to Six Sigma for Champions
- Process Improvement
- Projects and Project Teams
- Managing and Deploying
- Once you successfully pass this Black Belt Six Sigma course, you will receive a certificate of completion in Black Belt Six Sigma from CMIT.
- You may optionally take the ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt exam. Six Sigma Black Belt requires two completed projects with signed affidavits or one completed project with signed affidavit and three years of work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Body of Knowledge. For more information, please see the list of Six Sigma Project Affidavit FAQs. You do NOT need to be a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt. Work experience must be in a full time, paid role. Paid intern, co-op or any other course work cannot be applied towards the work experience requirement.
- This exam is assessed through a computer-based exam. Examinations are conducted twice a year, in March and October. All examinations are open-book. Exam centres in Ireland are in Cork and Shannon. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Contact us for more details.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following successful completion of the ASQ exam, you will receive Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details
- Click here for more details on ASQ Black Belt Certification
Student Reviews of this Course