- Course Fee: €395 or Any 2 CompTIA courses Special Offer €495
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA Cloud+ course is an international, vendor-neutral certification which covers the essential concepts of cloud computing environments, resource management, systems administration and data-driven recommendations for the use of cloud services. This course has been developed to provide you the baseline knowledge to prepare and pass the exam for cloud certification.
The course will take you through the fundamentals of cloud-based technologies, cloud security measures, cloud management, cloud-based database, cloud-based services, cloud architecture and operations and troubleshooting cloud issues. This course includes numerous cloud-based business solutions and platform demonstrations focused on AWS and GCP.
The CompTIA Cloud+ exam will ensure the successful learner has the knowledge, abilities and skills required to understand standard cloud methodologies to implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies (e.g., network, storage systems, and virtualisation technologies) to understand aspects of cloud models and IT security and use industry best practices related to cloud implementations. As more businesses depend on cloud resources and a blend of hybrid and multi-cloud deployments for mission-critical systems, this CompTIA Cloud+ course ensures that learners are capable of making use of crucial benefits of cloud infrastructure services including enhancing the depth of expertise expected of system administrators and helping them to gain the maximum value out of cloud infrastructure services.
This Cloud+ Course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this Cloud+ Course?
- IT Administrators, Cloud Administrators
- Network Administrators, Database Administrators, IT Analysts
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have 6 to 12 months of hands-on experience working in PC maintenance or troubleshooting.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Cloud+ Course
Module 1 – CompTIA Cloud+ Course Overview
- Course Trailer
- Course Overview
- What is the Cloud + Exam
- Cloud + Domain Objectives Overview
- CompTIA Certification Pathways
- DoD and ISO Requirements
Module 2 – General Cloud Knowledge
- Domain Overview
- Compare and Contrast Cloud Models
- Cloud Computing Defined
- Deployment and Service Models
- Cloud Characteristics and Roles
- Evaluate Cloud Providers and Services
- Regions and Zones
- Shared Responsibility Model
- Demonstration – AWS Shared Security Model
- Comparing Cloud to Virtualization and On Premises
- What is a Virtual Machine
- Demonstration – Deploy a Cloud VM (AWS EC2)
- What is an API
- Capacity Planning Factors
- Licensing, Factors, Requirements and Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Demonstration – AWS Trusted Advisor
- HA and Scaling
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Virtual, System and Communication Protection
- Hypervisor Affinity
- Analyze the solution design
- Business Requirements and Business Enablers
- Demonstration -AWS Well Architected Tool
- Testing Techniques and Success Factors
- Module Review Questions and Summary Review
Module 3 – Cloud Security
- Domain Overview
- Configure Identity and Access Management
- Identification and Authorization Management (IAM)
- Directory Services
- Security and Access Controls
- SSO and MFA
- Certificates and Key Management
- Secure a Network in a Cloud Environment
- Networking Devices and Segmentation
- Firewalls and Proxies
- NAT and PAT
- Secure Network Configurations (Tunnelling and Encryption)
- Demo Hardening and Configuration Changes
- OS Application Controls and Security Credentials
- Policies and Permissions
- Host and Network Protections (HIDSIPS)
- Virtualization Security
- Data Security and Compliance Controls in Cloud Environments
- Structured, Unstructured and Semi Structured Data
- Data Classification and Labeling and Loss Prevention
- Demonstration – Google Cloud DLP
- Chain of Custody and Non-Repudiation
- Discussion – CASB
- Module Summary Review and Review Questions
Module 4 – Cloud Deployment
- Domain Overview
- Integrate Components into Cloud Solutions
- Subscription Services
- Demonstration – Provision VM
- Cloud Infrastructure Components
- Whiteboard – Design a Resilient AWS Cloud Architecture
- Once you successfully pass the programme(s), you will be able to download a CMIT Digital Certificate of Completion. This can be accessed via the Progress Reports section located on the top right side of your eLearning platform.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- You may optionally take exams to receive CompTIA certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details