EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation
- Course Fee: Eur495
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from EXIN
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
EXIN’s Cloud Computing Foundation is not just a technical cloud course but instead focuses on the business and management side as well. The course also examines the auditing and service response within cloud computing as well the delegation of IT responsibilities within an environment focused on cloud technology. This course covers how cloud technology deals with a variety of different areas, including; Hardware, Software, Processes, OS & Application Licenses, People, Power and Backups.
The EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation certification provides you, clearly and concisely, the basics of Cloud Computing. EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation is unavoidable a tiny bit technical, however, emphasizes the characteristics, (dis)advantages, and general management aspects of Cloud Computing. Cloud Computing ties in well with other EXIN examination programs, such as IT Service Management and Information Security. The EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation certification has been created in close collaboration with industry and trade organizations.
This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this EXIN Cloud Computing Course?
- Anyone playing a role in the use and management of Internet-based services.
Database admin, infrastructure specialists and developers who wish to become more familiar with cloud technologies.
- ITpreneurs involved in IT services.
- Staff of cloud service providers (e.g. AWS, Google).
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. This Cloud Computing Foundation certification is ideal for professionals who have a role or interest in the use and management of internet-based services. This includes management positions, service provider staff and IT administrators and service managers.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this EXIN Cloud Computing Course
The principles of Cloud Computing
- The concept of Cloud Computing
- Explain Cloud Computing
- Compare the four main Deployment Models
- Three main Service Models
- Evolution toward Cloud Computing
- Concepts from which Cloud Computing developed
- Role of Virtualization in Cloud Computing
- Role of managed services in Cloud Computing
- Cloud computing architectures
- Difference between a single purpose and multipurpose architecture
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Drivers and limitations of Cloud Computing
Implementing and Managing Cloud Computing
- Building of Local Cloud environment
- Main components of a local cloud environment and how they are interconnected
- Use of Virtual Private Network access to a Local Area Network
- Risks of connecting a local cloud network to the public internet
- Principles of managing Cloud services
- Use of IT Service Management principles in a Cloud environment
- Management of service levels in a Cloud environment
Using the Cloud
- How users can access the Cloud
- How to access Web Applications through a Web Browser
- Cloud Web Access Architecture
- Use of a Thin Client
- Use of mobile devices in accessing the cloud
- How Cloud Computing can be used for business processes
- Impact of Cloud Computing on the primary processes of an organization
- Role of standard applications in collaboration
- How Service Providers can use the Cloud
- How using Cloud Computing changes the relationship between vendors and customers
- Benefits and risks of providing Cloud based services
Security and compliance
- Security risks of Cloud Computing and knows mitigating measures (CSA top 10
- threats and controls)
- Security risks in the cloud
- Mitigating security risks
- Managing identity and privacy in the Cloud
- Identity management
- Privacy and Compliance issues and safeguards in Cloud Computing
Evaluation of Cloud Computing
- Business case for Cloud Computing
- Costs and possible savings of Cloud Computing
- Operational and staffing benefits of Cloud Computing
- Evaluation of Cloud Computing implementations
- Evaluation of performance factors, management requirements and satisfaction factors
- Evaluation of service providers and their services in Cloud Computing
- Following completion of the online assessment, you will receive a Certificate in Cloud Computing from College of Management and IT (CMIT).
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- You may optionally take an online exam to receive EXIN certification.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details