ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Managers
- Course Fee: Eur495
- ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Managers Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM
- The course is completed over 6 months. Learners work at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This comprehensive course, equips existing Managers (and those considering a career in managing people) with detailed knowledge of coaching and mentoring. Students will learn: (1) how to plan for effective coaching, (2) how to use the TGROW model, (3) how to use effective questioning, listening and negotiation skills, (4) how to continue to grow as a coach, and (5) how to develop effective coaching within organisations. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Managers with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Existing Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in Coaching and Mentoring.
- Managers and Supervisors who have responsibility for coaching and mentoring.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques in coaching.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Candidates will normally be practicing managers or supervisors.
- Level 5 certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Understanding and Using the Coaching Model
- What is Coaching?
- How People Learn
- The Role of Coaching
- Advantages of Coaching
- What a Coach is not
- Barriers to effective Coaching
Unit 2: The Coaching Process
- Coaching Styles
- The TGROW Coaching Process
- Deciding a ‘Theme’
- Setting ‘Goals’
- Checking ‘Reality’
- Devising ‘Options’
- Preparing for Coaching
Unit 3: Questioning, Listening and Negotiating
- Building Rapport
- Asking Questions
- Giving Supportive Feedback
- Negotiation Skills
Unit 4: Building Personal Effectiveness as a Coach
- What makes a good Coach?
- Coach Skill Requirements
- Using Empowerment
- Barriers to Performance
- Individual Coaching Plans
- Motivating Staff
Unit 5: Developing Coaching in Organisations
- Developing Coaching Plans within Organisations
- Overcoming Organisational Barriers to Coaching
- Sustaining Coaching Programmes
- Evaluating Coaching Plans
- This course is assessed through Assessments. This includes developing a coaching programme, undertaking coaching, and reflecting upon this (candidates are required to complete 12 hours of coaching practice).
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details