- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This Educational Psychology Course is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of principles and practice of psychology as applied to education and learning. Learners will learn how to (1) understand the theories and applications of the learning process, (2) understand the principles of assessing educational performance, (3) demonstrate your understanding of the individual differences in educational performance, (4) understand the nature of special education needs, (5) describe a range of teaching and learning styles, (6) understand factors which determine student motivation, (7) describe the effect of and strategies for dealing with disruptive behaviour and (8) design the layout of educational environments to maximise learning potential.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Educational Psychology Course?
- Teachers and Childcare workers and those considering a career in education.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in Educational Psychology and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- No previous experience or qualifications are necessary to commence the course.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Educational Psychology Course
Unit 1: The learning process
- Behaviourist perspective
- Cognitive perspective
- Humanistic perspective
Unit 2: Assessment and educational performance
- Psychometric testing and measuring intelligence
- Types of assessment
- Implications of assessment and categorisation
Unit 3: Individual differences in educational performance
- Gender, culture, physical, social, attitudes and beliefs
- Strategies for improvement
Unit 4: Students with special educational needs
- Assessing SEN
- Learning difficulties
- Supporting students with special educational needs
Unit 5: Inventory of learning processes
- Individual styles of learning and teaching
- Inventory of learning processes
- Differences in how we learn
- Improving learning
Unit 6: Student motivation
- Theories of motivation
- Improving motivation
Unit 7: Disruptive behaviour
- Disruptive behaviour
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving
Unit 8: Design and layout of the educational environment
- Arranging classroom space
- Creating a positive learning environment
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments. There is no exam for this course.
- This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. The Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. CMIT can advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
- A QLS award at level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course