QQI Lean Manufacturing Tools course (Six Sigma)
- Course Fee: Eur395
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 5 component certificate in Lean Manufacturing Tools course (5N5407)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The overall aim of this Lean Manufacturing Tools course is to enable learners to build the skills, knowledge and competence in the principles and application of Lean in a range of organisational environments. The module requires learners to undertake a number of lean management tasks which they will complete in the context of their own work environment. This will facilitate active learning allowing learners to link theory to practice and demonstrate their learning on the programme. The Programme covers:
- An overview of Lean production and manufacturing.
- DMAIC methodology and its applications in modern organisations.
- Identifying and scoping improvement projects and sources of waste.
- The measurement and analysis of problems within organisations using a range of techniques and methods including Value Stream Mapping, Benchmarking, Root Cause Analysis, Voice of the Customer, Kanban and Lean SWOT analysis’.
- The implementation of Lean initiatives including solution generation and screening designing the ‘future state’, pilot testing and full implementation.
- Planning and managing the monitoring and control of Lean initiatives.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this Lean Manufacturing Tools course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Project managers, process engineers, process designers, and change management personnel.
- People across any industry (manufacturing, services, retail, not for profit) who wish to gain a solid introduction to lean manufacturing tools.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- You will be required to base a number of practical tasks in an organisational setting. You must be either working in or have access to an organisation where you can complete this (may be on a voluntary basis).
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this course
Unit 1: Identifying and defining problems
- Lean production and manufacturing
- DMAIC methodology
- The eight sources of ‘waste’
- Identifying projects for improvement
- Scoping projects
- The ‘Define’ stage (D)
Unit 2: Measurement and analysis of problems
- The ‘Measure’ stage (M)
- Value stream mapping
- The ‘Analyse’ stage (A)
- Root cause analysis
- Voice of the customer
- Lean ‘SWOT analysis’
Unit 3: Implementing lean initiatives
- The ‘Improve’ stage (I)
- Creative ways to generate solutions
- Screening and prioritising solutions
- Designing the ‘future state’
- Pilot testing
- Executing full-scale implementation
- The ‘Control’ stage (C)
- This Lean Manufacturing Tools course is assessed through an Assignment and Skills Demonstration where candidates implement and test lean initiatives in their workplace.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a level 5 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 5 component certificate as credit towards relevant at level5 and 6 major awards. For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component certificate in Lean Manufacturing Tools course (5N5407).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details