QQI Exercise and Fitness course
- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 5 component certificate in Exercise and Fitness (5N2668)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI Exercise and Fitness course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This course is aimed at providing learners with the knowledge and skills needed to design, implement, and assess a variety of different exercise and fitness activities. It will equip learners with the skills necessary to recognise and assess the exercise and fitness needs of different groups and to devise suitable plans of exercise for these groups with principles of best practise and health and safety in mind.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments for this QQI Exercise and Fitness course online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Exercise and Fitness course?
- Those who are interested in fitness, exercise and training, personally or professionally, and wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert, Level 4 award or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this QQI Exercise and Fitness course
Unit 1: Human physiology and fitness
- Physical fitness
- Appropriate levels of physical activity for distinct groups
- The principles of training
- Human physiology and nutrition
Unit 2: The fitness training industry
- The role of the fitness trainer
- Health and safety responsibility of trainers
- Trends in exercise and fitness
Unit 3: Conducting fitness assessments
- How to complete fitness assessments
- Heart rate and target heart rate
- Push-up test
- Sit-up test
- Sit-and-reach test
- BMI and bodyfat percentage
Unit 4: Standard fitness activities
- Aerobic: indoor cycling
- Aerobic: running
- Basic ‘step aerobics’ techniques
- Squat, lunge and hinge movements
- Push and pull movements
- Core movements
- Machine movements
Unit 5: Fitness workouts
- Instruction and delivery of a workout
- Low-intensity steady-state (LISS) workouts
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts
- Step aerobics workouts
- Circuit training
- Resistance training
- Flexibility and body conditioning workouts
- This Exercise and Fitness course is assessed through completion of an assignment, a skills demonstration (completed by recording a video), and an online theory-based examination. The assessment for this module aims to evaluate understanding of module theory as well as practical activities.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Exercise and Fitness course leads to a Level 5 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 5 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 5 Healthcare Support (5M4339). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component certificate in Exercise and Fitness (5N2668) from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details