Health and Safety course (ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management Managing Health and Safety option)
- Course Fee: Eur495
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management Level 4 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This certificate course comprehensively covers a number of important leadership and management areas including Health and Safety legislation, Hazard management, Risk assessment and control, Risk management, Understanding the organisational culture and context.
By choosing to study this ILM Managing Health and Safety online Course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Certificate in Health and Safety course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this health and safety course?
- Supervisors, Managers and anyone directly responsible for people or resources in an organisation.
- Health and Safety officers.
- Company Directors and Senior Managers.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 4 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 4 (UK)/Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation to carry out a health and safety audit.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.er with internet access is required to do the course.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this health and safety course
Unit 1: Risk Management
- Risk management in the organisation
- Categories of risks
- Legal aspects of risk management
- Risk identification
- Risk assessment
- Risk controls
- Monitoring and reviewing risks
Unit 2: Understanding the Organisational Culture and Context
- What is the organisation environment?
- Political factors
- Economic factors
- Socio-Cultural factors
- Technology factors
- Environmental factors
- Legal factors
- PESTEL case studies
- Introduction to corporate culture
- Classifying corporate culture
- Organisational ethics
Unit 3: Health and Safety Management
- The importance of health and safety management
- Primary legislation
- Industry specific legislation
- Health and safety statements and policies
- Hazard Identification
- Health and safety reviews
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Health and Safety Implementation
- Health and safety responsibilities
- Communicating about health and safety
- Monitoring health and safety in the workplace
- SMART health and safety objectives
- This health and safety course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- Learners are required to have access to an organisation in which they can carry out a Health and Safety Audit in a particular area with a view to suggesting improvements.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management with CMIT.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 4 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Click here for Accreditation Details