CompTIA A+ Technician
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer 295
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ certified technicians also have excellent customer service and communication skills to work with clients. CompTIA A+ is part of the certification track for corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco and Novell. Other technology companies, including CompuCom and Ricoh, have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians. More than 900,000 people worldwide have become CompTIA A+ certified since the program’s inception. This comprehensive eLearning course prepares students for the A+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests.
This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams comprise a maximum of 90 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this course?
- IT Technician, Enterprise Technician, PC Technician.
- Desktop Support Technician, Field Technician, PC Support Specialist.
- People considering a career as a PC Technician.
- Existing A+ certified professionals required to keep their certification current.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- You must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- 6 to 12 months hands-on experience working in PC maintenance or troubleshooting is recommended but not required. CompTIA A+ measures the necessary competencies of an entry-level IT professional with a recommended 500 hours of hands-on experience.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
- Module 1: Introduction To Personal Computers And IT Certification
- Module 2: Internal Hardware Components
- Module 3: Storage Fundamentals
- Module 4: Expanding Hardware Capabilities
- Module 5: Working With Peripheral Devices
- Module 6: Mobiles Devices
- Module 7: Computer Networking
- Module 8: Hardware And Network Troubleshooting
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate of PC Support from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details