ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (Quality Management option)
- Course Fee: Eur
1095Special Offer Eur895
- ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Quality Management, Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- The course is completed over 12 months. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Quality Management course provides existing managers (or those considering a career in management) with a comprehensive overview of management and leadership. Before branching into specific areas of quality management and quality improvements projects Learners will look at key areas of quality management including organisation environment analysis, lean methods to solve service and operational problems, developing and implementing improvement + change plans.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Quality Management course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Quality Management?
- Those involved in System Design, Lean Six-Sigma, Operations or Process Design.
- Those involved in Production Management, Service Delivery or Service Improvement.
- Those involved in any aspect of IT design/ build, SDLC or agile.
- Project Managers, Business Analysts, Lean Six-Sigma and Project Team members.
- Marketing professionals who wish to add highly relevant Lean Six-Sigma techniques to their existing skill-set.
- Anyone involved in managing Lean Six-Sigma, Quality or Service Improvement.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter through home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK)/Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Quality Management course
Unit 1: Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Management and Leadership
- Theories of Management and Leadership
- Personal Competencies: Delegation, Motivation, Influencing, Conflict Management, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Professional Competencies: Developing and Coaching
- Leadership Competencies: Initiative, Transparency, Inspiration, Change, Self-control and Adaptability
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Uses of PESTLE Analysis
- Components of a PESTLE Analysis
- Information Gathering
- Political and Government Influences
- Economic Influences
- Social and Technological
- Social Trends
- Industry and Market Analysis
- Technology Trends
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Environmental Influences
- Key Drivers of Change
- PESTLE Impact Assessment
Unit 3: Preparing to apply Lean Production and Improvement Methodologies to Operational Problems in Service Delivery
- Lean production and manufacturing
- DMAIC methodology
- The eight sources of ‘waste’
- Identifying projects for improvement
- Scoping projects
- The ‘Define’ stage (D)
- The ‘Measure’ stage (M)
- Value stream mapping
- The ‘Analyse’ stage (A)
- Root cause analysis
- Voice of the customer
- Lean ‘SWOT analysis’
Unit 4: Applying Lean Production and Improvement Methodologies to Operational Problems in Service Delivery
- The ‘Improve’ stage (I)
- Creative ways to generate solutions
- Screening and prioritising solutions
- Designing the ‘future state’
- Pilot testing
- Executing full-scale implementation
- The ‘Control’ stage (C)
Unit 5: Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace
- What is Change?
- The Benefits of Change
- The Role of Change in the Management Process
- Common Problems when Implementing Strategic Change
- Mission, Vision and Value
- External and Internal Analysis
- Market Opportunities and Threats
- Organisational Strengths and Weaknesses
- Identifying and Assessing Areas for Change
- How to Communicate Change
- Getting Buy-in
- Stakeholder Management
- Implementing Change
- Kotter’s 8-Step Model
- Managing Risk and Resistance to Change
- Organisation Structure
- Devising Operational Plans
- Monitoring and Control
Unit 6: Making a Financial Case
- Short and Long-term Planning
- Budgets and Budgeting
- Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- The Cash-flow Statement
- Costing Techniques
- Cost Behaviour and Allocation
- Marginal Costing
- Break-even Analysis
- Margin of Safety
- Capital Appraisal Techniques
- Payback Period
- Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details