- Course Fee: Eur395
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This Social Care Course is designed to provide an understanding of the role of a carer and is aimed at people caring in the home setting as well as those entering social care on a professional basis. No prior qualification is required and the course is suited to people of all ages seeking to gain a more formal understanding of the principles of caring for others in a range of setting. The objectives of the course are: (1) to develop the student’s knowledge and understanding of the role and skills of caring, (2) to explain the role of government and other agencies in providing and funding care, (3) to create an understanding of the health and safety aspects of care, and (4) to create an understanding of the principles of equality in providing care.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- People considering a people-centred career such as a carer, healthcare worker, and those considering a career in social work, counselling, teaching, or communications.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification in sociology and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- No previous experience or qualifications are necessary to commence the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Introduction to the role of the carer
- Types of caring roles
- Who needs care and why
- A carers role
Unit 2: Carers – The role of the Government
- Definition of a carer
- How the Government can help
- The protection of vulnerable adults and children
Unit 3: Health and Safety in Care Environments
- Introduce the Care Quality Commission
- Health and Safety
- Risk Assessments
Unit 4: Valuing People’s Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Different types of discrimination
- Principles of good practice
- Discrimination- who is at risk
- Where to get advice
Unit 5: Basic Care Skills
- Factors to consider
- The future
- Working in the caring professional
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor marked assignments. There is no exam for this course.
- At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a certificate of achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details all of the units you have completed as part of your course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
- An ABC Awards Level 2 is roughly equivalent to a Level 4 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications but is not an award on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course