QQI Web Design Course (WordPress Version)
- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Web Authoring (6N2532)
- eLearning Web Design course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This is an excellent Web Design course – designed for beginners – which provides all the skills required to design, build and publish a professional website using WordPress. This tutor-supported eLearning course is designed for anyone who wishes to learn a new skill which is interesting, rewarding and could lead to a new career. We show you clearly and without confusing jargon. The course is based on the WordPress platform and covers everything you need to get a WordPress site up and running. Topics include website strategy, User Experience Design (UXD), setting up and configuring WordPress, building Forms, tables and search engine optimisation.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. The WordPress training course is designed for those who own and run their own businesses and anyone involved in web design or WordPress site management.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive course manual, interactive resources, quizzes and personalised Tutor support including feedback on all assessments. The Web Design course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Web Design course?
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build a website.
- Business owners who wish to their own WordPress website.
- Business people involved in eCommerce, websites, content Management or eCommerce who wish to gain detailed technical knowledge of websites.
- Anyone considering a career in web design, eBusiness or eCommerce.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows or Mac email.
- Access to a Windows or Mac PC with internet access to complete coursework.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Web Design course
Unit 1: Introduction
- Aims and objectives of the course
- Introduction to the internet
- HTML and web technologies
- Creating HTML documents
- Your course project
Unit 2: User Experience Design (UXD)
- Website/app development process
- Website strategy
- User experience design (UXD)
- The ten principles of UXD
- Designing for mobile and tablets
- Responsive design
Unit 3: Building a WordPress Site
- Setting up a WordPress Site
- Managing WordPress ‘Themes’
- Creating Pages
- Creating the Main Menu
- Design Options for your Site
- Progress review
Unit 4: Publishing and Editing Content
- Posts vs. pages
- Publishing blog posts
- Publishing page content
- Formatting text, lists and paragraphs
- Basic HTML formatting
- Images and video
- Introduction to CSS
Unit 5: Forms and Tables
- Designing and building interactive forms
- Designing and building tables
Unit 6: Managing a website
- Search engine optimisation
- WAI compatibility and accessibility
- User testing
- Maintaining your site
- This Web Design course is certified WordPress training course is assessed through a portfolio and a project. This will require students to develop and launch a finished functional website.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 certificate as credit towards a number of QQI Advanced Certificates including Administration (6M5013), Digital Media Production (6M20496) and Business (6M4985). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Web Authoring (6N2532).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details