Service Improvement course ILM Certificate in Service Improvement (Lean Six-Sigma)
- Course Fee: Eur495
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- ILM Certificate in Service Improvement Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This certificate course comprehensively covers Lean Six-Sigma techniques and tools. Lean comprises of a range of business practice for eliminating Waste in order to focus on value-added activities. The course covers the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) process and is very practical in nature. The course has been designed to apply to both manufacturing and service organisations.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Certificate in Service Improvement (Lean Six-Sigma) course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Certificate in Service Improvement (Lean Six-Sigma) course?
- Those involved in System Design, Lean Six-Sigma, Operations or Process Design,
- Those involved in Production Management, Service Delivery or Service Improvement.
- Those involved in any aspects of IT design/ build, SDLC or agile.
- Project Managers, Business Analysts, Lean Six-Sigma and Project Team members.
- Marketing professionals who wish to add highly relevant Lean Six-Sigma techniques to their existing skill-set.
- Anyone involved in managing Lean Six-Sigma, Quality or Service Improvement.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK)/Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Certificate in Service Improvement (Lean Six-Sigma) course
Unit 1: Identifying and Defining Problems
- Lean production and manufacturing
- DMAIC methodology
- The eight sources of ‘waste’
- Identifying projects for improvement
- Scoping projects
- The ‘Define’ stage (D)
Unit 2: Measurement and Analysis of Problems
- The ‘Measure’ stage (M)
- Value stream mapping
- The ‘Analyse’ stage (A)
- Root cause analysis
- Voice of the customer
- Lean ‘SWOT analysis’
Unit 3: Designing and Implementing Lean Business Improvement Plans
- The ‘Improve’ stage (I)
- Creative ways to generate solutions
- Screening and prioritising solutions
- Designing the ‘future state’
- Pilot testing
- Executing full-scale implementation
- The ‘Control’ stage (C)
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- Learners will need to identify and implement a service improvement in an organisation, as the basis of their assessments.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Click here for Accreditation Details