CIW Data Analyst
(Big Data / Analytics)
- Course Fee: Eur495
- eLearning Course leading to certification from CIW
- Students have 6 months to complete the course and can start at any time of the year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
CIW is the world’s fastest growing digital skills training and certification program for students and professionals. In this course you will learn how to use data to analyse all aspects of a company’s operation and make appropriate business decisions. You will study how to compare and contrast structured and unstructured data. You will learn how to deploy tools for capturing and analysing data, including Hadoop, R Project, and custom database solutions. In addition, you will study how to extrapolate information using data obtained from new and traditional data sources, including Web and social media logs, marketing, sales, technical support, and customer relations. You will also learn how to determine relationships between organizational efforts and business outcomes. Finally, you will study the ways to capture and represent data, including creating dashboards, executive summaries, reports and charts, using both traditional and Web-based tools.
The CIW Data Analyst course prepares candidates to take the CIW Data Analyst Specialist exam, which, if passed, earns the Data Analyst Specialist certification.
Students are provided with the following resources:
- Official Course manuals – covering the entire syllabus.
- eLearning resources – access to movies, course review questions, exercises and flash cards.
- Virtual Labs – Virtual labs are designed to teach, in an engaging manner, about the most important, cutting-edge concepts in Web design.
- Exam Study Guide – condensed study material on the specific skills objectives you need to master for the exams.
- Exam Pre-Assessment and Practice Exams.
Who should complete this course?
- This course is highly suited to eCommerce Professionals, Digital Marketers, Web Developers, Web designers, Internet consultants, IT professionals, Marketing professionals, Statisticians, Business professionals
- Big Data / Analytics is a rapidly growing area with strong employment potential in Ireland. Data Analyst roles include: (1) data mining, (2) digital marketing and web analytics, (3) creating dashboards, reports and solutions, (4) working with databases, e.g. CRM applications, Stock management systems, Web traffic databases, Adwords data, Google Analytics, Facebook data sources, (5) working with cloud-based data.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- The CIW Data Analyst course requires an understanding of spreadsheets, databases, business processes and coding. Suggested prerequisites are one of the following: QQI Web Design, CIW Associate, CIW Web Design Specialist, or CIW Advanced HTML 5.0 and CSS.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Fundamentals of Data Analysis
- Pre-Assessment Questions
- The Importance of Good Data
- Centralized Data Benefits
- Structured vs. Unstructured Data
- Forgetting Steve Jobs
- Typical Sources of Business Data
- Search Engine Optimization
- Business Decisions in the Non-profit Industry
Introduction to Big Data
- Big Data
- The Importance of IT Data Management
- IT Business Environments
- Cloud-Based Data
- Cloud-Native Data
- In-House Data
- When to Migrate In-House Data to the Cloud
- Variations of Cloud-Based Systems
- Typical Databases Used for Data Analysis
- Data-driven Business Decisions
- The Internet is Worthless
Working with Data Sources
- Data E-Harmony: Working with Different Departments to Bring Data Together
- The Purpose of Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- CRM Integration: A Banking Scenario
- Obtaining Data from E-Mail and User Forums
- Obtaining Data from Other Knowledge Bases
- Obtaining Data from CRM and Business-To-Business Frameworks
- Transaction, Payment and Inventory Data
- Using Multiple Data Sources InStyle Publishing
Tools for Capturing and Analysing Data
- Capturing Data: Tableau Public
- Capturing Data: Google Fusion Tables
- Capturing Data: OpenRefine
- Overview: Hadoop-Based Environments
- Capturing and Analysing Data in Hadoop
- The R Project
- Additional Software for Data Capture
- Playing With Big Data
Analysing and Reporting Data
- Network Traffic
- Organizational Efforts and Business Outcomes
- Best Methods to Capture and Report Specific Data
- Data Analysis and Reporting Dashboards
- Create Reports and Charts
- Create a Presentation for Reporting Data
- Frequently Asked Questions for Presentations
- Better Business through Data
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in Data Analytics from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive CIW Certification. This is a computer-based multiple-choice exam which may be sat when students have completed the course. Exam fees are not included in Course Fees.
- The exam may be completed at an Assessment Centre near where you live. Students can locate testing centers here: Pearson Vue
- Following successful completion of the CIW exam you will receive a certificate from CIW to confirm “CIW Data Analytics Specialist” certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details