ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Project Management option)
- Course Fee: Eur495
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This certificate course provides existing managers (or those considering a career in management) with a comprehensive overview and knowledge of planning and implementing projects in the organisation. As part of this project management course, learners will also develop their management and leadership skills along with competency in understanding and analysing the organisation environment.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Business Project Managers, IT Project Managers and Project Leaders who wish to formalise their skills.
- Aspiring or newly appointed Project Managers.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Management and Leadership
- Theories of Management and Leadership
- Personal Competencies: Delegation, Motivation, Influencing, Conflict Management, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Professional Competencies: Developing and Coaching
- Leadership Competencies: Initiative, Transparency, Inspiration, Change, Self-control and Adaptability
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Managing Projects
- Principles of Project Management
- Projects in Organisations
- Project Management Methodology
- Project Management Tools and Techniques
- The Project Initiation Document
- The Project Plan
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Scheduling Effort
- Scheduling Techniques
- Resource and Budget Planning
- Scope Planning, Verification and Change Control
- Project Communications
- Risk Management and Contingency Planning
- Managing Staff and Suppliers
- Project Monitoring
- Cost Control
- Schedule Control
- Quality Control
- Project Close-out
- Personal Development Plan
Unit 3: Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Uses of PESTLE Analysis
- Components of a PESTLE Analysis
- Information Gathering
- Political and Government Influences
- Economic Influences
- Social and Technological
- Social Trends
- Industry and Market Analysis
- Technology Trends
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Environmental Influences
- Key Drivers of Change
- PESTLE Impact Assessment
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course