QQI Project Management
- Course Fee: Eur395
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Project Management (6N4090).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This distance learning Project Management course equips Project Managers and prospective Project Managers with comprehensive project management skills. Students will learn (1) project processes/methodologies, (2) advanced project planning skills, (3) work breakdown and scheduling techniques, (4) resource and scope planning, (5) project leadership techniques, and (6) quality control and project control techniques. The course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this Project Management course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Project Management course?
- Business Project Managers, IT Project Managers and Project Leaders who wish to formalise their skills.
- Aspiring or newly appointed Project Managers.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must currently be working or have access to an organisation where they will be able to implement, evaluate and discuss their role in the delivery of a project within an appropriate setting. They must nominate a suitable mentor/supervisor who can verify their involvement in the project. This is to facilitate the completion of a portfolio of work demonstrating their project management skills as part of the assessment requirements for the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Project Management course
Unit 1: Principles of project management
- Projects in organisations
- The impact of organisational change
- The project environment
- Project organisation structure
- Six–step project management model
- Alternative project management models
Unit 2: Project planning
- The Project Initiation Document
- The project plan
- Work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Scheduling effort
- Scheduling techniques
- Resource and budget planning
- Scope planning, verification and change control
- Project communications
Unit 3: Risk and quality management
- Risk management and contingency planning
- Quality planning
- Quality management systems
Unit 4: Managing staff and suppliers
- Team building
- Project organisation structures
- Motivating and developing
- Reviewing progress
- Managing suppliers
Unit 5: Project administration
- Project monitoring
- Cost control
- Schedule control
- Quality control
- Project close–out
- Personal development plan
- This course is assessed through an Assignment and a Portfolio.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards QQI Advanced Certificates including Business (6M4985), Management (6M4587) and Administration (6M5013). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Project Management (6N4090).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details