ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (Marketing and Strategy option)
- Course Fee: Special offer €795
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Marketing and Strategy, Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- The course is completed over 12 months. Learners work at their pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This ILM Diploma course provides existing management (or those considering a career in management) with a comprehensive overview of Managing Marketing Activities and Strategic Planning and Implementation in an organisation environment. Learners look at key areas of management practice and understanding the organisation environment before branching into the specific areas of Managing Improvement, Managing and Implementing Change and Planning, Implementing and Managing Marketing Activities across the organisation.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Marketing and Strategy is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Diploma course?
- Business Owners and Managers who wish to learn essential marketing skills.
- Anyone who is new to a marketing role or considering a career in marketing.
- Business Owners and Managers who wish to learn creativity, innovation and problems solving skills.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 certificate (Ireland) or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK)/Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their initiative.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Marketing and Strategy course
Unit 1: Assessing Your Leadership Capability and Performance
- Management and Leadership
- Theories of Management and Leadership
- Personal Competencies: Delegation, Motivation, Influencing, Conflict Management, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Professional Competencies: Developing and Coaching
- Leadership Competencies: Initiative, Transparency, Inspiration, Change, Self-control and Adaptability
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Managing Improvement
- How Organisations Compete
- What is Quality Management?
- Quality Systems
- Quality Monitoring
- Quality Metrics
- Measuring Customer Metrics
- Conducting a Quality Audit
- Business Improvement Planning
- Performance Standards
- Action Planning
- Monitoring Results
Unit 3: Managing Projects in the Organisation
- Principles of Project Management
- Projects in Organisations
- Project Management Methodology
- Project Management Tools and Techniques
- The Project Initiation Document
- The Project Plan
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Scheduling Effort
- Scheduling Techniques
- Resource and Budget Planning
- Scope Planning, Verification and Change Control
- Project Communications
- Risk Management and Contingency Planning
- Managing Staff and Suppliers
- Project Monitoring
- Cost Control
- Schedule Control
- Quality Control
- Project Close-out
- Personal Development Plan
Unit 4: Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace
- What is Change?
- The Benefits of Change
- The Role of Change in the Management Process
- Common Problems when Implementing Strategic Change
- Mission, Vision and Value
- External and Internal Analysis
- Market Opportunities and Threats
- Organisational Strengths and Weaknesses
- Identifying and Assessing Areas for Change
- How to Communicate Change
- Getting Buy-in
- Stakeholder Management
- Implementing Change
- Kotter’s 8-Step Model
- Managing Risk and Resistance to Change
- Organisation Structure
- Devising Operational Plans
- Monitoring and Control
Unit 5: Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Uses of PESTLE Analysis
- Components of a PESTLE Analysis
- Information Gathering
- Political and Government Influences
- Economic Influences
- Social and Technological
- Social Trends
- Industry and Market Analysis
- Technology Trends
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Environmental Influences
- Key Drivers of Change
- PESTLE Impact Assessment
Unit 6: Developing People in the Workplace
- People Development and Performance Management
- Performance Management Cycle
- Motivation Theory
- Setting Performance Indicators
- Setting Standards of Performance
- Principles of Objective Setting
- How to set SMART Objectives
- Communicating Objectives to Staff
- Monitor Performance
- Review Performance
- Performance Appraisal Methods
- Performance Improvement Options
- Personal Development Plans
- Managing Underperformance
- Disciplinary Procedures
Unit 7: Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management, Coaching, and Mentoring
- The Role of Coaching and Mentoring
- Applications of Coaching
- Listening and Questioning
- Values and Beliefs
- Building Relationships
- Building Self Esteem
- Giving Non-Judgemental Feedback
- Ethics and Standards
- The Coaching Process (TGROW)
- Individual Coaching Plans
- Preparing for Coaching
- Evaluating Coaching
- Self-Reflection and Supervision
Unit 8: Managing Marketing Activities
- The Marketing Mix (4Ps)
- The Principles of Marketing
- Product v Services Marketing
- The Marketing Planning Process
- Marketing Analysis
- Marketing Objectives
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tactics
- Brand, Product, Pricing, and Distribution Planning
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Communications Planning
- Message Strategy
- Advertising Media Selection
- Direct Marketing
- Public Relations
- Sales Promotion
- Personal Selling
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- CMIT is registered and approved with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM qualifications.
- UK: Following successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This qualification is on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF).
- Ireland: This qualification is fully recognised in Ireland and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Europe: This qualification is fully recognised as the equivalent of a Level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).