QQI Digital Photography
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Digital Photography (6N3589)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course at their own pace, and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This is a comprehensive course in digital photography and post-production imaging. It aims to provide enhanced skills and knowledge that are required within the photographic industry. The course covers the art of taking photographs, planning a shoot and manipulating photographs using digital software. As the course involves manipulating photographs to produce special effects, Students must have access to a Windows computer to use photography software (software is provided free with the course).
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- People who wish to learn photographic skills for work, career or personal reasons.
- Those new to Photography who wish to learn advanced skills.
- People who wish to learn digital imaging techniques.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- Good working knowledge of computers.
- Students must have access to a Digital Camera and a Windows computer to use photography software (provided free with the course).
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Introduction to Digital Photography
- Evolution of Photography
- The Elements of Design
Unit 2: Brief and Planning
- Planning a Shoot
- Working as a professional team
- Developing a Portfolio
- Logging Your Work
Unit 3: Using Cameras
- Using a Digital Camera
- Advanced Camera Use
- Appropriate Equipment
Unit 4: Post-capture Production
- Digital Imaging Software
- Getting Started with Paint.net
- Cropping, Re-sizing and Rotating Images
- Photographic Effects
- Using Layers
- Special Effects
- Colour Correction
Unit 5: Digital photographic storage
- Workstation Design
- Print Output
- Print Quality and Resolution
Unit 6: Presentation and Finishing Techniques
- Filing and Cataloguing
- Trimming Techniques
- Mounting Techniques
- Presentation Techniques
- This course is assessed through a learner record (including a portrait shoot), and a portfolio (submission of 18 photos).
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards a number of QQI Advanced Certificates including: Photography (6M3732) and Fashion Industry Practice (6M4508). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Digital Photography (6N3589).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details