CIW Social Media Strategist
- Course Fee: Eur595
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- eLearning Course leading to certification from CIW
- Students have 6 months to complete the course and can start at any time of the year
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
CIW is the world’s fastest-growing vendor-neutral Internet skills training and certification program for students and professionals. More than a certification or a curriculum publisher, CIW is a Web technology standard adopted by academic institutions, governments and businesses worldwide. CMIT is an approved CIW training provider and provides CIW official training materials.
This social media course focuses on the use of social media in business. The course teaches individuals how to create a social media campaign, and how to analyse and present data in order to address organisational issues and make appropriate business decisions.
This social media course teaches the foundations of social media technologies, communication methods and how to engage consumers using various tools. You will learn how social media is used in a business setting, and how to use social media to boost brand recognition and achieve organisational goals. You will also learn how to build social media strategies and tactics, build and manage campaigns, and develop social media content. You will learn about major social media platforms, when and how to utilise each platform correctly in business to achieve organisational goals and strategies. This social media course will teach how to plan, develop, promote, deliver, present, and analyse social media activities. You will learn about how risks, reputation, crisis response, advertising and promoting are managed and maintained. This social media course will also teach you how metrics, analytics, reporting and social media optimisation drive business goals and strategies.
Students are provided with the following resources:
- Comprehensive online course materials covering the entire syllabus.
- eLearning resources – access to movies, course review questions, exercises and flashcards.
- Exam Study Guide – condensed study material on the specific skills objectives you need to master for the exams.
- Exam Pre-Assessment and Practice Exams.
Who should complete this course?
- Social Media Directors and Managers. Social Media Strategists and Analysts.
- Web marketing professionals, Mobile application developers.
- Creative directors, Advertising professionals, and Entrepreneurs.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- The CIW Social Media Strategist course requires an understanding of how internet technologies are used in business and user experience development
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this social media course
Introduction to Social Media
- Social Media Introduction
- What Is Social Media?
- Social Media Foundation Technologies
- Social Media Communication Methods
- Social Media Consumers
- Types of Social Media
- Mobile Social Media
- Social Media Engagement
- Introduction to Social Media Tools
Using Social Media in Business
- Embracing Social Media
- Business Adoption of Social Media
- Organisational Goals for Social Media
- Social Media Job Roles
- Social Media Impact on Business
- Boosting Brand Recognition
- Advantages of Social Media in Business
Developing a Social Media Strategy
- Social Media Strategies
- Listening and analysing
- Analysing Market Segments
- Targeting the Audience
- Using a SWOT to analyse a Social Media Plan
Creating a Social Media Campaign
- What Is a Social Media Campaign?
- Planning a Social Media Campaign
- Campaign Project Management
- Planning a Campaign
- Campaign Strategies and Tactics
- Developing Social Media Content
- Curating Content
Social Media Platforms
- Platform Selection
- Choosing the Appropriate Platform
- Media Sharing
- Industry or Niche Platforms
- Social Media Communities
- Gaining an Advantage from Social Media Trends
Presentations and Business Blogs
- Social Presentations
- Planning a Presentation
- Developing Presentations
- Promoting Your Presentations
- Delivering Presentations
- Presentation Follow-up and Analysis
- Presentation Technologies
- Business Blogs
Risks, Reputation, and Crisis Response
- Social Media Risks
- Assessing Risks
- Risk Management Strategy
- Social Media Policies
- Managing Social Media Data
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Reputation Management
Social Media Advertising
- Social Media Advertising
- Advertising on Facebook
- Advertising on Instagram
- Advertising on Twitter
- Advertising on LinkedIn
- Advertising on Google Platforms
- Advertising on Pinterest
- Selecting the Best Advertising Platform
- Social Media Advertising Best Practices
Social Media Metrics and Analytics
- Social Media and Big Data
- Social media mining
- Social Media ROI and Metrics
- Tools for tracking metrics
- Reports and Optimisation
- Social Media Reports
- Social Media Optimisation (SMO)
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in Social Media Strategist from CMIT.
- You may optionally take an exam to receive CIW Certification. CIW exams are completed at home or work at a time that suits you, using a proctored (supervised) exam. Your webcam is used to supervise you during the exam. For details and how to book an exam click here
- Once you successfully pass the social media course, you will receive a Diploma in Social Media Strategist from CMIT.
- Following successful completion of the CIW exam, you will receive a certificate to confirm that you are a “CIW Social Media Strategist”.
- You may optionally take exams to receive professional certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details