CIW Database Design Specialist
- Course Fee: Eur495
- eLearning Course leading to certification from CIW
- Students have 6 months to complete the course and can start at any time of the year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CIW Database Design Specialist course provides introductory vendor-neutral training for individuals planning to pursue product-focused database specialization. This course introduces you to DB2, Oracle Database 11g, MS SQL and mySQL. You will also learn about Structured Query Language (SQL) and database optimization through normalization. The Database Design Specialist course teaches students how to plan and design relational databases. You will learn about the theory behind relational databases, relational database nomenclature, and relational algebra. The course includes sections on Structured Query Language (SQL) and optimizing databases through normalization. You will apply your knowledge with hands-on labs designed to teach the intricacies of database design methodology.
CMIT is an approved CIW training provider and provides CIW official training materials. Students are provided with the following resources:
- Official Course manuals – covering the entire syllabus.
- eLearning resources – access to movies, course review questions, exercises and flash cards.
- Exam Study Guide – condensed study material on the specific skills objectives you need to master for the exams.
- Exam Pre-Assessment and Practice Exams
Who should complete this course?
- Professionals in all industries can benefit from the CIW Database Design Specialist certification: including IT managers/directors, Application developers, Web development professionals, Software programmers, and Enterprise developers.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- It is recommended that students have a basic knowledge of the purpose and function of a database. Also, students should be familiar with an operating system such as Microsoft Windows XP before taking this course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Introduction to Database
- File-Based Databases
- Relational Databases and Database
- Management Systems (DBMSs)
- Origins of Relational Databases
- Introduction to Relational Databases
- Multitier Database Architecture
- Relational Model Terminology
- Using Tables to Represent Data
- Characteristics of Relations
- Data Models
- Relational Integrity
- Database Languages
- Data Dictionaries
- Introduction to Database Planning
- Database Design Life Cycle
- Database Requirements Document
- ProAudio Case Study
- Selecting a DBMS
- Selecting an Application Interface
Overview of Database Design
- Introduction to Database Design Methodology
- Effects of Poor Database Design Practices
- Database Design Phases
- Conceptual Database Design
- Entity-Relationship (ER) Models
- Introduction to Normalization
- What Is Normalization?
- Normal Forms
- Boyce-Codd Normal Form (BCNF)
- Introduction to Logical Database Design
Logical Database Design
- Creating a Logical Data Model
- Using a Database Definition Language
- Validating the Logical Data Model
- Defining Integrity Constraints
- Creating an Enterprise Data Model
Physical Database Design
- Introduction to Physical Database Design
- Physical Database Design
- MySQL Query Browser
- Creating Enterprise Constraints
- Using Secondary Indexes
- Creating User Views
- Designing Database Access Rules
Structured Query Language
- Introduction to Structured Query
- SQL Basics
- Data Definition Language
- Data Manipulation Language
- Retrieving Data from Relation
- Data Control Language
- Introduction to Relational Algebra
- Cartesian Product
Transactions and Database
- Introduction to Database
- Transactions and Security
- Concurrency Control
- Database Security
- Web Teams
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in Website Management from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive CIW Certification. This is a computer-based multiple-choice exam (CIW Exam 1D0-610) which may be sat when students have completed the course. Exam fees are not included in Course Fees.
- The exam may be completed at an Assessment Centre near where you live. Students can locate testing centers here: Pearson Vue
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in Database Design from CMIT.
- Following successful completion of the CIW exam you will receive a certificate to confirm that you are a “CIW Database Design Specialist”.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course