Microsoft New Technology Bundle
- Course Fee: Eur595
- eLearning course leading to certification from Microsoft
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
IT Industry demands that professionals cover the latest technology on the marketplace. Many IT pro’s separate themselves from their competitors by achieving certifications in the most current technologies and giving themselves skill-sets that are unmatched by many of their peers.
With this course, students get certification and skills on the latest Microsoft technologies, including Server 2012 and Windows 8. CMIT has also added a Windows 7 course, allowing students to easily see the changes between the two platforms and excel on both Operating Systems. Server 2012 and Windows 8 brought about many changes including an updated version of Hyper V, a new version of Windows Task Manager, an IP Address Management Role, Windows Store & ARM support just to name a few. Especially in our current economic climate, IT employers demand that applicants have the most current skill-set available. Keeping one’s knowledge base at the cutting edge of technology has never been more important.
This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this course?
- This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 8.1 PCs, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. This course is also intended to provide foundation configuration skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations. Students who seek certification in the 70-687 Windows 8.1 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- At least two years of experience in the IT field
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the certificate security and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and/or Windows 8
- Basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax
- Basic awareness of Windows deployment tools (Windows ADK components: Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals) but no actual prerequisite skills with the specific tools are assumed.
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Installation and Configuration (70-410)
- Planning, Installing, and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Installing and Configuring an Active Directory Domain Controller
- Administering Active Directory Objects
- Automating Administrative Tasks
- Configuring IPv4
- Configuring IPv6
- Installing and Configuring DHCP
- Installing and Configuring DNS
- Configuring Storage Spaces and File and Print Services
- Configuring Group Policy
- Securing Windows Servers
- Installing and Configuring Virtual Servers and Clients
- Managing User and Service Accounts
- Administering Group Policy
- Managing Network File Services
- Managing DNS
- Managing Remote Access
- Deploying Operating System Updates
- Deploying Operating System Images
- Monitoring System Resources
- Managing Active Directory Services
Configuring Advanced Services (70-412)
- Configuring Advanced DNS Services
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Services
- Configuring IPAM
- Configuring iSCSI and iSNS
- Managing DAC
- Configuring Active Directory Domain Services
- Managing Active Directory Certificate Services
- Configuring AD RMS
- Managing Active Directory Federation Services
- Configuring Hyper-V Virtual Machines
- Managing NLB
- Configuring Failover Clusters
- Implementing Disaster Recovery
- Configuring Additional Services
Designing and Maintaining a Server Infrastructure (70-413)
- Plan and Deploy Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing Server Upgrade and Migration
- Design and Implement Network Infrastructure Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Solution
- Design a VPN Solution
- Design a Direct Access Solution
- Design and Implement a Network Protection Solution
- Design and Implement an Active Directory Infrastructure
- Implement a Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Design an Active Directory Permission Model
- Design and Implement an Active Directory Infrastructure (Physical)
- Design and Implement a Branch Office Infrastructure
Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (70-414)
- Manage and Maintain a Server Infrastructure
- Plan and Implement a Highly Available Enterprise Infrastructure
- Plan and Implement a Server Virtualization Infrastructure
- Design and Implement Identity and Access Solutions
Core Solutions of Exchange Server 2013 (70-341)
- Exchange Server 2013 Administration
- Fundamentals of Exchange Administration
- Archive Mailboxes
- Properties of User Mailboxes
- Distribution Groups
- Outlook and Outlook Web Apps
- Preparation Prerequisites
- Installation of Exchange 2013
- Exchange 2013 Design
- Labs and Demos
Advanced Solutions of Exchange Server 2013 (70-342)
- Beginning PowerShell
- Exchange Control Panel
- Create a New Mailbox with Powershell
- Mailbox Statistics with Powershell
- Intermediate Powershell
- Unified Messaging
- Installation and Configuration
- Exchange Online
- Advanced Design
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in Microsoft Server 2012 from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive Microsoft Windows Server certification. This is assessed through computer-based multiple choice exams (70-410, 70-411, 70-412). Exam fees are not included in the course price.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following completion of the online assessment, you will receive a Certificate in Microsoft Server 2012 from College of Management and IT (CMIT).
- You may optionally take exams to receive Microsoft certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details