Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification (OCA 11g)
- Course Fee: Eur295
- eLearning Course leading to certification from Oracle
- Courses do not involve classes, and all course materials are provided.
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
Oracle certifications are tangible, industry-recognised credentials that can help you succeed in your IT career and provide measurable benefits to your employer. Oracle certifications are a reliable validation of training and experience that can accelerate your professional development, improve your productivity, and enhance your credibility. Today there are over 440,000 Oracle Certified Professionals worldwide. Oracle Database 11g is Oracle’s largest introduction of new functionality and is Oracle’s most innovative release, leading the database industry into new ground in clustering, automation, high availability and more.
This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the Oracle 11g Database Administrator. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. This course covers in-depth database administration topics such as troubleshooting, problem recovery, and managing storage and memory. Practice exams are also included, which will allow you to answer questions in the same format as test on exam day, and will provide in-depth instructional feedback on each question to thoroughly cover every subject you need to master.
This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this course?
- Oracle 11g Developers and Database Administrators.
- People considering a career as a Oracle Database Developer or Administrator.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- You must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
- Introduction to SQL
- Using SQL to Query Your Database
- Conversion Functions, Group Functions, and Joins
- Subqueries, Set Operators, and Data Manipulation
- Using DDL, Views, Sequences, Indexes, and Synonyms
- Controlling User Access and Managing Schema Objects
- Data Dictionary Views and Large Data Sets
- Managing Data in Different Time Zones
- Using Subqueries and Regular Expressions
- Database Architecture and Installation
- Database Creation and Instance Management
- The ASM Instance and Network Connectivity
- Storage Structures and User Security
- Managing Concurrency, Undo, and Auditing
- Managing Database Maintenance and Performance
- Backup and Recovery
- Moving Data and Oracle Support
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in Advanced Database Administration from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive Oracle 11g certification. This comprises two computer-based multiple-choice exams: Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals exam (1Z0-051) and the Oracle Database 11g: Administration exam (1Z0-052). These exams may be sat when students have completed the course. Exam fees are not included in the course price.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following successful completion of exams, you will receive a certificate from Oracle to confirm that you are an Oracle Certified Associate.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details