CompTIA Mobility+ (Mobile Device and Network Technician)
- Course Fee: Eur395 2 CompTIA courses for Eur395
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA Mobility+ exam covers mobile device management, troubleshooting, security, and network infrastructure. It identifies IT professionals who can deploy, integrate, support and manage a mobile environment while ensuring proper security measures are maintained for devices and platforms to mitigate risks and threats. A mobile technology expert is the #4 hot IT job, according to InfoWorld. 44% of respondents to a CompTIA survey noted a mobile security skills gap. This comprehensive eLearning course prepares students for the CompTIA Mobility+ certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests.
This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this course?
- Mobility engineers and Mobile architects
- Network and Security administrators
- Anyone looking to commence a career in the above areas.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- There are no prerequisites for the exam, but we recommend individuals have 18 months experience in a mobile environment, CompTIA Network+ certification and 12 months networking experience is strongly encouraged.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
- Given a scenario, configure and implement Wi-Fi client technologies using
- Compare and contrast RF principles and their functionality
- Interpret site survey to ensure the air communication
- Compare and contrast physical and logical infrastructure technologies and
- Explain the technologies used for traversing wireless to wired networks.
- Explain the layers of the OSI model.
- Explain disaster recovery principles and how it affects mobile devices.
- Compare and contrast common network ports and protocols for mobile
Mobile Device Management
- Explain policy required to certify device capabilities.
- Compare and contrast mobility solutions to enterprise requirements.
- Install and configure mobile solutions based on given requirements.
- Implement mobile device onboarding and off-boarding procedures.
- Implement mobile device operations and management procedures.
- Execute best practice for mobile device backup, data recovery and data segregation.
- Use best practices to maintain awareness of new technologies including changes that affect mobile devices.
- Configure and deploy mobile applications and associated technologies
- Identify various encryption methods for securing mobile environments.
- Configure access control on the mobile device using best practices.
- Explain monitoring and reporting techniques to address security requirements
- Explain risks, threats and mitigation strategies affecting the mobile ecosystem.
- Given a scenario, execute appropriate incident response and remediation steps
- Given a scenario, implement the following troubleshooting methodology.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common device problems.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in Mobile Technical Support from CMIT.
- You may optionally take an exam to receive CompTIA certification. This is assessed through a computer-based multiple choice exam (MB0-001). Exam fees are not included in the course price.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following successful completion of the exams, you will receive CompTIA Mobility+ certification.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course