CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer 295
- Approved CompTIA eLearning Course
- eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners – not managers – at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the CompTIA CASP+ exam, which covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. It involves applying critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement solutions that map to enterprise drivers while managing risk.
This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this course?
- IT Managers, IT Security personnel, Programmers and Developers, IT Security Managers.
- People considering a career in IT Security Management.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Although not a prerequisite, it is recommended that candidates would have completed CompTia Security+ &
- CySA+ certifications & have 10 years experience in IT.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Course
Module1: Enterprise Security
- Identifying security concerns in scenarios
- Distinguishing between cryptographic concepts
- Securing enterprise storage
- Analyzing network security architectures
- Troubleshooting security controls for hosts
- Differentiating application vulnerabilities
Module 2: Risk Management and Incident Response
- Interpreting business and industry influences and risks
- Executing risk mitigation planning, strategies and control
- Privacy policies and procedures
- Conduct incident response and recovery procedures
Module 3: Research, Analysis and Assessment
- Determining industry trends impact to the enterprise
- Appropriate security document usage
- Evaluating scenarios to determine how to secure the enterprise
- Conducting an assessment and analysing the results
Module 4: Integrating Computing, Communications and Business Disciplines
- Collaborating across diverse business units to achieve security goals
- Selecting controls for secure communications
- Implementing security across the technology life cycle
Module 5: Technical Integration of Enterprise Components
- Securing data following existing security standards
- Applying technical deployment models
- Integrating storage and applications into the enterprise
- Implementing certificate-based and SSO authentication
- Applying federation solutions
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in IT Advanced Security from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.