- Course Fee: Eur395
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- eLearning Psychology course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This Psychology course provides a fascinating insight into the science of the mind. The course covers an introduction to psychology, emotion and how to identify stress, perception, memory and remembering, learning, parent-child interactions, gender, sexuality, social perception and prejudice.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this Psychology course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Psychology course?
- People in business who are responsible for managing people.
- People in marketing or communications careers who wish to gain a greater understanding of the human psyche.
- People considering a career in counselling, people management, teaching, or communications.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Psychology and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Psychology course
Unit 1: Introduction
- What is psychology?
- Different approaches to psychology
- Research in psychology.
Unit 2: Emotion
- Signs of emotion
- Theories of emotion
- Stress and anxiety
Unit 3: Perception
- Sensation and perception
- Factors affecting perception
Unit 4: Memory
- Why do we remember?
- Remembering and forgetting
- The reliability of memory
Unit 5: Learning
- Classical and operant conditioning
- Applications of classical and operant conditioning
- Other kinds of learning.
Unit 6: The development of social behaviour
- Parent-child interaction,
- Attachment and separation
- Sexual development and gender identity.
Unit 7: Social Perception
- Impressions of people
- Prejudice and discrimination
- Reducing Prejudice
Unit 8: Social influence
- Social pressure on the individual
- Group norms and conformity
- Conformity to roles and obedience
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments. There is no exam for this course.
- This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. The Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. CMIT can advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
- A QLS award at level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details