Project Management and Finance course (ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (Project Management and Finance option)
- Course Fee: Eur
1095Special Offer Eur895
- ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Project Management & Finance, Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- The course is completed over 12 months. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This ILM Project Management and Finance course provide existing managers (or those considering a career in management) with a comprehensive overview of Managing Projects, Budgeting and Interpreting Financial Statements in an organisation environment. Learners will look at key areas of management practice before branching into the areas of Project Management and Managing Finance. The course aims to equip learners with competencies in the areas of managing people, planning, implementing and evaluating projects and interpreting key financial statements in management decision making.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Project Management & Finance course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Project Management and Finance course?
- Anyone in business who wishes to learn specialised skills in finance and project management.
- Managers and supervisors who wish to learn essential project management and finance skills.
- Marketing Managers who wish to acquaint themselves with essential non-core skills.
- Business Project Managers, IT Project Managers and Project Leaders who wish to formalise their skills.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK) / Level 6 (Ireland) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Project Management and Finance course
Unit 1: Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Management and Leadership
- Theories of Management and Leadership
- Personal Competencies: Delegation, Motivation, Influencing, Conflict Management, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Professional Competencies: Developing and Coaching
- Leadership Competencies: Initiative, Transparency, Inspiration, Change, Self-control and Adaptability
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Making a Financial Case
- Short and Long-term Planning
- Budgets and Budgeting
- Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- The Cash-flow Statement
- Costing Techniques
- Cost Behaviour and Allocation
- Marginal Costing
- Break-even Analysis
- Margin of Safety
- Capital Appraisal Techniques
- Payback Period
- Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return
Unit 3: Managing Projects in the Organisation
- Principles of Project Management
- Projects in Organisations
- Project Management Methodology
- Project Management Tools and Techniques
- The Project Initiation Document
- The Project Plan
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Scheduling Effort
- Scheduling Techniques
- Resource and Budget Planning
- Scope Planning, Verification and Change Control
- Project Communications
- Risk Management and Contingency Planning
- Managing Staff and Suppliers
- Project Monitoring
- Cost Control
- Schedule Control
- Quality Control
- Project Close-out
- Personal Development Plan
Unit 4: Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace
- What is Change?
- The Benefits of Change
- The Role of Change in the Management Process
- Common Problems when Implementing Strategic Change
- Mission, Vision and Value
- External and Internal Analysis
- Market Opportunities and Threats
- Organisational Strengths and Weaknesses
- Identifying and Assessing Areas for Change
- How to Communicate Change
- Getting Buy-in
- Stakeholder Management
- Implementing Change
- Kotter’s 8-Step Model
- Managing Risk and Resistance to Change
- Organisation Structure
- Devising Operational Plans
- Monitoring and Control
Unit 5: Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Uses of PESTLE Analysis
- Components of a PESTLE Analysis
- Information Gathering
- Political and Government Influences
- Economic Influences
- Social and Technological
- Social Trends
- Industry and Market Analysis
- Technology Trends
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Environmental Influences
- Key Drivers of Change
- PESTLE Impact Assessment
Unit 6: Developing People in the Workplace
- People Development and Performance Management
- Performance Management Cycle
- Motivation Theory
- Setting Performance Indicators
- Setting Standards of Performance
- Principles of Objective Setting
- How to set SMART Objectives
- Communicating Objectives to Staff
- Monitor Performance
- Review Performance
- Performance Appraisal Methods
- Performance Improvement Options
- Personal Development Plans
- Managing Underperformance
- Disciplinary Procedures
Unit 7: Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management, Coaching, and Mentoring
- The Role of Coaching and Mentoring
- Applications of Coaching
- Listening and Questioning
- Values and Beliefs
- Building Relationships
- Building Self Esteem
- Giving Non-Judgemental Feedback
- Ethics and Standards
- The Coaching Process (TGROW)
- Individual Coaching Plans
- Preparing for Coaching
- Evaluating Coaching
- Self-Reflection and Supervision
Unit 8: Interpreting Financial Statements to Assess Organisational Performance Using Financial Ratios
- Key Concepts in Finance
- Main Financial Statements
- Financial Principles and Standards
- Interpreting Financial Statements
- Use of Financial Statements
- Interpreting Balance Sheets
- P&L Statements
- Horizontal Analysis
- Trend Analysis
- Vertical Analysis
- Ratio Analysis
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details