ILM Certificate in Leading Quality Improvement
- Course Fee: Eur495
- ILM Certificate in Leading Quality Improvement Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This certificate course comprehensively covers Leadership Skills, Leadership Development and skills to lead Improvement Projects across organisations. The course includes completing a Leadership Audit, undertaking Quality Monitoring, Quality Metrics and a Business Improvement Project. The course has been designed to apply to both manufacturing and service organisations.
By choosing to study this ILM Certificate in Leading Quality Improvement Online Course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Certificate in Leading Quality Improvement Online Course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Certificate in Leading Quality Improvement Online Course?
- Anyone involved in managing Quality or Service Improvement.
- Business Analysts and Project Team members.
- Quality Managers, Quality Supervisors and Service Delivery Managers.
- Experienced or new department head and project leads or other middle managers in organisations adopting lean methodologies or looking for ways to improve performance and efficiency.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Certificate in Leading Quality Improvement Online Course
Unit 1: Quality Systems, Metrics and Audits
- How Organisations Compete
- What is Quality Management?
- Quality Systems
- Quality Monitoring
- Quality Metrics
- Measuring Customer Metrics
- Conducting a Quality Audit
Unit 2: Understanding Leadership and Leadership Development
- Management v. Leadership
- Leadership Training Model
- Cognitive Leadership
- Affective Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Personality and Leadership Style
- Altering your Leadership Style to the Situation
- Gaining 360 Degree feedback on own leadership performance
- Completing a Leadership Skills Audit
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Creating a Personal Leadership Development Plan
Unit 3: Action Learning
- The Nature of Action Learning (L=P+Q)
- How Action Learning Works
- Learning Styles
- Questioning techniques for participating in Action Learning ‘sets’
Unit 4: Business Improvement Project
- Business Improvement Planning
- Set Performance Standards
- Define the Deliverables
- Action Plan with Deadlines
- Delegate Responsibility
- Monitor Results
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- Learners are required to have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of service improvement activities.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details