QQI Digital Business Models
- Course Fee: €455 (total cost including all fees)
- QQI Level 6 Certificate in Digital Business Models
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This is a highly practical distance learning Digital Business Models course designed to provide learners with an introduction to the digital consumer, digital innovation, generating and prioritising business ideas, digital business models and how to devise a comprehensive digital business canvas.
It is suited for those who are responsible for digital innovation in existing businesses, those who work in a digital organisation and need to learn about innovation, or those who intend to establish a digital start-up.
This distance learning, QQI accredited Digital Business Models course, means that learners can study flexibly at home, or at work, and gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, learners have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive course manual, video, quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. Learners will be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback from their dedicated Tutor. The eLearning system can be used from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Digital Business Models course?
- Those already working in the sector or with previous qualifications who want to update their knowledge.
- Those considering a career in the sector.
- Those with an interest in learning about digital business models.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Certificate or Level 5 Award or equivalent or relevant life/work experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and have a valid PPS Number.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access and word processing software is required to do the course. For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- Further details on the proficiencies required to complete awards at Level 6 are explained in the Equipped to Participate Statements. For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Digital Business Models course
Unit 1: The digital consumer
- The digital consumer
- Digital device ownership in Ireland
- Online behaviour
- Consumer engagement
- Customer journeys and patterns of behaviour
- Evolving online attitudes
Unit 2: Digital Innovation
- The nature of innovation
- Current and emergent disruptive innovations
- The hype cycle
- How consumers evaluate and adopt innovations
Unit 3: Generating and prioritising a business idea
- Characteristics of innovators
- Management practices that foster innovation
- Tools to generate business model ideas
- How to screen and prioritise ideas
- Traditional development models
- Rapid-development models
Unit 4: Digital Business Models
- Introduction to business models
- ‘Pure play’ digital business models
- Digitally enabled business models
- Categories of e-commerce
Unit 5: Business Model Canvas
- Business strategy
- How to devise a Business Model Canvas
- Business Model Canvas case studies
- This course is assessed through completion of an Assignment and a Project.
- All work submitted must be the learners own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Digital Business Models.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details